Brighton bigdog afttermath

well.... I was fine for the first 3 laps, a bit slow maybe, but once I settled in, I was enjoying it....

then I started getting leg cramps :cry: and the fourth lap was killing me :cry:

so I need to work on my rehydrating and refuelling a bit, I think :oops:

but the pace held together... with only a adjustments needed.... and loads of people commented on it (mainly as they overtook me :LOL:, but one bloke ssaid it, as I went to get out of his way and threw the bike at a tree :oops: )

I did get a call though, and ended up having to hot foot it home, so missed the beers :(

now to see if I can get a pass out for the peaks meet!

cheers everyone

John

My big dog photos

dscf0286y.jpg

dscf0282u.jpg

The 2nd guy on the old skool lava dome with the massive stupid grin on his face is me!

dscf0295w.jpg

dscf0285l.jpg

dscf0292h.jpg

Check out the squueky toys we had to attach to our bikes for the wonderdog lap!

dscf0288geh.jpg

Just in from the Dog... great lil event with a great vibe - the most eclectic mix of riders and bikes I've seen...

Heathy cleaned up in the most significant competition of the day 'The Steps of Gold' Trophy - shame he didn't go all the way and ride it... ;-)

Thanks to my team mate for making the trip, the Klein must have been the perfect wheels for the fast course.

Mr K

Attachments

• To the victor the spoils....jpg
    To the victor the spoils....jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 7,077
  • Prize Cock!.jpg
    Prize Cock!.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 7,077
  • Tough competition.jpg
    Tough competition.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 7,077
:shock: That second pic could go many ways ;) Insert caption here :LOL:
Brilliant event, one of my favorites to date, great vibe and the course was brilliant in a brutal way.
Very interesting to see how many non retrobike members turned up with retrobikes to race too, looks like more events should have this category.

Oh, the party after was ace too, a special big dog thank you to Ian, Rory and the rest of the organisers for having it in a bar at the bottom of the "steps of joy" Brilliant move :D
If you have ever been to Brighton on a summers Saturday night and been anywhere near the clubs on the sea front, you will know what i mean ;)

Latest posts

Back