Hanchurch Woods. Does anyone ride there? Apparently not.

rc200ti

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
No responses to an earlier thread so trying again.

A couple of us East Mids folk are interested in toddling over to Hanchurch. Just trying to get an idea of what's in store.

let's just go out there and try it sometime... :D

Are these the woods in question?

62407100.jpg

Yep.
When I were a lad the only section there was public access to was a small area to the south of the road (by the Water Tower). It's sand and gravel as far as I can remember, similar to Cannock, but not particularly extensive.

As an aside, I believe the first major motorway pile-up in heavy fog (Nov 5th 196?) occured under that pedestrian bridge giving access to Trentham Gardens, and I was there!

Sorry, everything (SWMBO) seems to be getting in the way at the moment, whole raft of evening stuff and intruding into the weekends as well. :(

Work isn't playing ball either. :( :( :(

Probably payback time for a couple of months of really good rides.

Someday soon...... :D

I've popped down Hanchurch a few times, no idea where I'm going when I get there. We now go down most nights, sometimes in the woods sometimes around the quiet roads.

There is a XC circuit around the perimeter I believe. There's enough single tracks to spend an hour or two, and across the road into Swynnerton woodland too. Plenty of ups n down. There is a small DH route with a jump at the end.

It gets quite popular in an evening, I've seen groups of 20+, and some expensive bikes too. With the dark night coming there's quite a few night riders with staium floodlights strapped to their bikes, looks like fun.

There's some YouTube vids at Hanchurch as well as Trenham park (The woods around the commercial Trentham Gardens).

Image013.jpg

Image015.jpg

Image016.jpg

Hanchurch%20woods.jpg

Back