Cheddar Challenge?? Any retro teams??

I may consider it. I did it a few years running some years ago but that was the two hour "fun" race. How accurate does the retro element have to be? How old is retro?

I've entered a 4 man team event on the Saturday and will be riding solo on Sunday. I'm a rider short on Saturday so if anybody fancies a go, please send me a PM. We're a relatively quick team, placing 5th in the Team Fun event for the last two years. The team is called Last Plaice! ;)

I think on Sunday I'll do some laps on my retro, though the majority will be on a modern full-sus. Cheddar is too hard-core for 5 hours on a rigid bike, well my wrists won't take it anyway.

SP

me and Heathy will be in a 4 man team on saturday, I think we are racing under the name Retrobike, should be a good ride, with the course only being 2.5 miles, it should be a multi lap extravaganza!

May ride sunday as well, will see on the day... :?

Cool. I have a RetroBIKE sticker on the back of the car and will probably be wearing some RetroBIKE apparel so pop over for a cuppa if ya like. See you at the weekend.

SP

Hummm, that didn't go well, we got 10 laps in then had two riders crash on subsequent laps, both ending up with the medics :shock:
Heathy bust his hand and is mate somehow landed headfirst on someone else's toptube then hit his arm on a rock!!!
Sacked it off at that point though James Whippet did go out for a few more laps in the afternoon. Thought the course was OK, but way too short and with nowhere to overtake properly on the long DH the only bit of fun was fleeting.

Well team Last Plaice lost a rider on lap one, after 7 hours another team member had to go home, apparently he had a prior engagement! So that left myself and my friend Andy. We were doing well and moved up the leader board to about 12th. Then with 4 laps to go and trying to gain on the team in front, I over-cooked it in the first short downhill section and after going through the wooden gates hit a tree - hard. My hand really hurt but I finished the lap and swapped with Andy. He called on the mobile from halfway up the climb to say he had a puncture - d'oh! He ran the rest of the course....

We had 50 minutes left, so I had a couple of pain killers and went out and did the last two night laps. We came in 11th which was a good result. I wimped out of riding on Sunday as the hand still hurt and went to A&E this morning and am typing this left handed as I have my right hand in a splint - I broke my 5th metacarpal in two places. :roll: No more riding for me this season. I've just e-mailed the Trail Break website to see if I can get a refund for next week's South Downs Way night race.

Ah well, time to dig the turbo trainer out! :LOL:

SP

Back