Thetford Summer Series - Round 3 - 16th August

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Who's up for more torture, I know Cannondale King and Average Mark are signed up for the whole series. I've paid my subs and entered the 4 hour solo again. At least you know you cannot come last if I'm in the race and I'll try to keep both wheels on the ground this time :LOL:

The race is at fire road 24 - Santon Downham, which is north of Brandon on the A1065. I haven't raced there since 1996 but from memory it was a great course with a couple of bombholes.

Details and entry here http://www.thetfordmtbracing.com/ss.htm

If my back holds up I will try to be quicker too. Currently signed off work due to back pain :(

A week to go until the big day. I am planning a gentle road ride after work on Monday, will see how it goes. I have another traction session appointment at the osteopaths on Tuesday. Hopefully if it all goes well I will be able to race, if not I will still turn up to support the lads.

hope your backs getting better chris my brother inlaw (more like outlaw) was coming but cracked his frame badly on sunday on the black route at thetford it was a tomac 98 special pro (doug bradbury design so you know it was gonna snapp) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Monday ride went well, felt really strong. But, after 25 miles my back was starting to sieze up and my knee (the one I smacked at the last race) was hurting. One more torture session on Friday.

Edit: My back is in a bad way and having ridden only once in 5 weeks I have decided not to race and have volunteered to be a marshal at the race (they were 3 short and cannot hold the event if they do not have enough). So I will be supporting you guys but not from the pit lane. If you need to use my car for throwing your kit in I will bring a spare key. I will bring along the pit box like last time, I will put a couple of big bottles of water in it for you.

Well done to Cannondale King, Average Mark & Neil__J for finishing the race. I had been told it was a tough course and you proved them right. My marshaling duties were not without incident, I had four crashes in my little patch one of which was a very attractive young lady with very nice boobs that would not stay inside her jersey. Rubbed them better and sent her on her way :LOL:

I don't think I will volunteer to be a marshal again, it was 2 hours of bordem - 2 hours of mayhem - 2 hours of not so busy - then 1 1/2 hours of boredom. All I got for it was 2 cheese burgers, a cup of tea and my race fee back.

Where as what we got out of it was organized - water and supplies sorted for us and encouragment every time we came past you Chris. A big thanks for looking after us all even when you where not racing. And we need looking after...

Good race, but certainly a much harder course than the previous round even though about half of it was fireroad. The singletrack was just so lumpy that you couldn't get a decent pedalling rhythm going so were constanly on and off the power, standing up a lot of the time.

At least this time I was able to keep my energy up so didn't slow down too much at the end, just when my legs started getting tired and were burning on the last couple of laps. Still couldn't keep up with Dan though.

Full results are up at http://www.timelaps.co.uk/assets/upload ... 16/08/2009

Back