Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:26 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:47 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20773
Location: Sol Kitts
Dr S wrote:
velomaniac wrote:
I hear what your say Dr.S but arguably one of our most technically capable members DaveDH has done the Nevis red on his reasonably modern 4" travel Intense full sus and he wished he had more travel.



Everytime I get my arse in a race car I think it could do with an extra 40bhp or some more caster at the front, more rear wing, better brakes, a lower final drive etc etc. but I just get on with making the most of what I have. As long as you can keep having fun thats the important bit. Were 6 inch bikes any faster around the bike park at Glentress than my Klunker?

Ride what you have, enjoy the sunshine and good company and do your best with what you have

Amen.


Which brings us full circle back to enjoying the ride,company and craic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:48 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:16 pm
Posts: 8661
I'm afraid i'm pulling out of the keilder Octoberfest, do not believe i'm up to race conditions even if I bail after lap one :oops:

However I am coming to Thrunton woods on the 24th so Dr S can slag me for my pathetic excuses then :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:20 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 9245
velomaniac wrote:
I'm afraid i'm pulling out of the keilder Octoberfest, do not believe i'm up to race conditions even if I bail after lap one :oops:

However I am coming to Thrunton woods on the 24th so Dr S can slag me for my pathetic excuses then :lol:


Will do Pansy Pants :lol: :lol:


Ps. I will never be in race condition even if I tried :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:41 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 am
Posts: 15608
thats a shame velo :(

you can enter on the day as I'm struggling to print out a form (having a printer would help) and cant for the life of me work out how to do it online!

me kaiser and ZigZag for team mac-hardfeckinbarsteward-retro.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:49 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 9245
clockworkgazz wrote:
thats a shame velo :(

you can enter on the day as I'm struggling to print out a form (having a printer would help) and cant for the life of me work out how to do it online!

me kaiser and ZigZag for team mac-hardfeckinbarsteward-retro.


Click on the linky thing and it opens another page which you just fill in. So easy even Velo could do it (if he wasn't such a ShandyPants)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:53 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 am
Posts: 15608
Dr S wrote:
clockworkgazz wrote:
thats a shame velo :(

you can enter on the day as I'm struggling to print out a form (having a printer would help) and cant for the life of me work out how to do it online!

me kaiser and ZigZag for team mac-hardfeckinbarsteward-retro.


Click on the linky thing and it opens another page which you just fill in. So easy even Velo could do it (if he wasn't such a ShandyPants)


i did but it didnt llet me enter owt- will try again later- sorry to hear about your bum si.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:11 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:16 pm
Posts: 8661
Shandypants and proud :D :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:40 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20773
Location: Sol Kitts
Picked up a first aid kit at ikea today for £6ish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:52 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 am
Posts: 15608
got some plasters in the cupboard under the sink, do you have any spare morphine?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:20 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 am
Posts: 15608
Figured out the interweb thing so now signed up for this 8)

Anyone else fancy this should be a blast.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 28  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group