Glentress 9am & Innerleithen 11am ! September 12th Is G

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Super fit XC race nutters meeting at Glentress for 9am then joining the rest of us mere mortals at Innerleithen for 11am.

Any of you Retro types prepared to join me in a slog around the red grade XC loop at Innerleithen ?

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE DOING THE XC ROUTE NOT THE DH, THUS DH BIKES ARE UNSUITABLE UNLESS YOUR A SUPER STRONG RIDER CAPABLE OF SHIFTING SUCH A MACHINE UP HILL AS WELL !!!!!!!!

I know the climb is long, technical in bits and blooming steep in others but the veiw from the top of Minch Moor is fab.

Coming down is one of the best descents in the world of trail centres, an adrenalin packed roller coaster but not for the faint hearted. At least suspension forks recommended, even I don't think a rigid bikes a good idea as there are lots of rocks.

Give me an idea of weekend dates this July or August or September and I'll get this trip co-ordinated.

Cheers Velo

July and August are stinkers for me I'm afraid :( weekends are taken with Arran and the trip up North.

Kaiser !!!!!

You've been hassling me on other threads to get inners organised and then you cant do the next two months, yer a right pain you are :evil:

OK Tell me when you can do Inners not when you cant :D

Velo

Looking like another clash of the TITans

Macretro v's NE&Yorks- the re-match.

I've only done part of Innerleithen. We did a combined route with the three brethren loop. Was an entertaining place, bit rougher than glentress from memory

Dr S":2gc44ors said:
Looking like another clash of the TITans

Macretro v's NE&Yorks- the re-match.
I had been thinking of a re-match, was thinking GT red, but this should be fun :LOL:

Rougher the better for me and the Klunker. You bringing your Klunker along Velo? Are you man enough?

Si

Back