Come to the isle of Arran, Scotland in minature 2nd August

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone fancy an off road jaunt over on the isle of Arran. Sign up now to avoid dissapointment :) Just the usual riding and gabbing etc

I'll be there, I love Arran and my Great Granny came from Arran, so i've been a few times. I'll probably be there in advance of you lot as I hope to camp for a couple of days. Tarmac circuit of the island is nice if you stick to the coast, inland roads are mega steep, did it once anti clockwise on a Brompton :shock: :LOL:

Eager to try the red or black graded routes marked out by the Arran MTB Club. I could email them and ask nicely if one or more of their members might like to join us and guide us around the route on the day ;)

Looking forward to it ;) ,

Velo

I'd like to go, i take it bikes are free on the ferry so you just dump your van/car/whatever on the mainland and pedal onboard?
Is it mostly offroad and what sort of distance are you looking at, overall?

murf I think you do pay for the bike but its a £1 or summat. I'll post up a timetable and pricelist :) distance wise the red route is 18k and the black is 35k.

velomaniac":23b1wrle said:
I'll be there, I love Arran and my Great Granny came from Arran, so i've been a few times. I'll probably be there in advance of you lot as I hope to camp for a couple of days. Tarmac circuit of the island is nice if you stick to the coast, inland roads are mega steep, did it once anti clockwise on a Brompton :shock: :LOL:

Eager to try the red or black graded routes marked out by the Arran MTB Club. I could email them and ask nicely if one or more of their members might like to join us and guide us around the route on the day ;)

Looking forward to it ;) ,

Velo

Velo that would be good, you might also tempt Mr Panda with a road ride. I might* be available on the monday or tuesday as well

*Fun sheriff permitting

Latest posts

Back