Saab Salomon Mountain jobby 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Old School Grand Master
Anyone riding it this year?

Anyone want to put a team together?

Expert level XC whippets need not apply, unless they're happy carrying the team :)

we talked of a retro team last year . but entry fees are very high for what we intend on doing .

but up for it if enough interest .

Hilts":uh9vfhbs said:
When and where Russ ?

Erm, June I think. Info not out yet. Plenty on the web about last years.

It ain't cheap at about £45 per person, but its a weekend social event aswell.

Could be interested - I only live 13 miles away and rode it in 2005 (solo, singlespeed and rigid - muppet!).

Will certainly be on for attending plus beer at the least.

ededwards":jl5wyquo said:
(solo, singlespeed and rigid - muppet!).

You're far too fit!

I'm only in Cheltenham, we should get together for a ride in the Malverns some time :)

Far too fit - hmm, that was then, this is now plus you don't know how slowly I go. Still, do fancy having another crack at SSMM this year, was forbidden by wife last year.

Yeah, a ride in Malvern would be good although there are decent enough trails within 5 minutes ride of my front door.

Chaps seems to me like more interest for this event than last year. went in 2005 and sideways had a retrobike themed area, so thought the same would happen in 06, only to find lack of retro steeds, did spot ti-fat on the course (forum rider, praise up) and a nice atti klein, considering the venue, summer month and the general bike vibe, could be good for general meet and beer, Q. who's going? ps took both my fat's and never even got them out of the landy, seemed a shame really.

ti-fat-man":im3lqygj said:
Chaps seems to me like more interest for this event than last year. went in 2005 and sideways had a retrobike themed area, so thought the same would happen in 06, only to find lack of retro steeds, did spot ti-fat on the course (forum rider, praise up) and a nice atti klein, considering the venue, summer month and the general bike vibe, could be good for general meet and beer, Q. who's going? ps took both my fat's and never even got them out of the landy, seemed a shame really.

The meet at the '05 SSMM was what gave me the kick up the ar** to get this site going :D

'06 never happened.

Would be nice to do something in '07. How much are the entries?

ededwards":2k4yqfu0 said:
Yeah, a ride in Malvern would be good although there are decent enough trails within 5 minutes ride of my front door.

Likewise, its handy living in the middle of the Cotswolds! I'll show you mine if you show me yours :)

Would be nice to do something in '07. How much are the entries?

Last year it was £47.40 wasn't it? I expect that it will be similar this year. It sounds alot but it is a weekends worth of fun riding nonsense, I'm not going to take it too seriously, its just a good excuse to spend some time surrounded by like minded souls on a sunny day or two :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back