Great Yorkshire Bike Ride - Wetherby-Filey this Sat

albash82

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I've just agreed to do this with a mate, should be good for a giggle - 72miles of giggles to be exact. Don't think i've ever done a ride this long before & neither of us are particularly fit!

Anyone else doin it?

did it back in 99 or so...well when I say did it, I mean I started it...rather nasty & bizzare incident of a snapped spoke embeding itself into my calf meant a early retirement.

Its not tough as such, just long and crazy hot (the year I did it at least)

I'm riding it for the fifth year with my son. It's a great event.
Give us as shout if you see us on the route.
I'm riding retro on a red and white 92 kili racer, and my son will be riding an 07 red Rockhopper.
Are you on a retro ride :?:

i'm riding the pahoehoe in my sig. i'm putting some slicks on it though! my mate will be riding a black NS modern effort. i'll look out for yers!

I like the Kona :cool:
Rode the first two years on knobblies then saw the light and switched to slicks, a good choice.
I'll keep an eye out for you when pass us :D

albash82":lnvms1zz said:
My 'mate' has just told me he's been lent a dave yates road bike to do it on..! i feel totally cheated

Seems his mum thought it was a road bike she'd bought... It wasn't, it was this '93ish(?) Dave Yates Diabolo in REALLY good nick with LX/DX, purple Dia-Compe canti's & some Orange forks off a P7 by the looks...

Attachments

• DSC01425.JPG
    DSC01425.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 1,567
Thought i'd add a few pics i took along the way with my trusty but slightly ropey sony k800i phone!

Attachments

• DSC01453.JPG
    DSC01453.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,564
  • DSC01441.JPG
    DSC01441.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,564
  • DSC01436.JPG
    DSC01436.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,564
  • DSC01433.JPG
    DSC01433.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 1,564
I did it in 4'19" with my 67 year old father-in-law, He was on a mission!
Was a beautiful day from start to finish.
Massive well done to the organisers again, 1695 riders started this year!

Back