MM09 Sports Casuals Final Countdown Sticky as at 14th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Guys and Gal,

Well there's only 5 days to go to the big one, so now is the time to start the 'have I left it too late to start training' style wibbling (answer: 'Yes, Jez, you have...' ;-) )...

The timetable is now on line - race starts at 2pm and finishes at 2pm on Sunday - please, I only have one major request, can all Sports Casuals try and stay to see our final riders home on the Sunday?!

http://www.mountain-mayhem.co.uk/

Any first timer question post them here and the seasoned MM campaigners will attempt to give you the benefit of their collective wisdom...

Capt K

Attachments

• Heading for Venus.jpg
    Heading for Venus.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,824
i'm thinking of arriving on the thursday early evening, what about everyonelse?

and does anyone know when the food tent opens? seriousley, i'm crap at camping cooking!! :LOL:

Looks as though i'll be travelling down (a warp speed more than likely) with the good Doctor S. Will be riding the Timmis Raleigh in full Raleigh gear, so in other words looking a right dick. I've got some lights on order and will be purchasing a bit of camping gear in the next few weeks. Tyres look to be either retro Conti cross country's in 1.9" or modern Panaracer Fire XC Pro Kevlar in 1.8", although I do have some Conti slicks to try a David Baker!

Training wise i'm in decent shape, been doing some road work the past couple of days on the alpinestars and Raleigh, 62 miles on both Monday and Tuesday. Quite proud of that achievement yet rather saddle sore, route was from home in Rossendale to my mothers in Carnforth and back over the 2 days. I've done this to improve my ability to spin the pedals and grind out the longer less technical sections. Should be good for stamina too.

Will be saving the Raleigh now for MM, it should feel great after a few weeks of alpinestars usage.

Looking forward to the weekend and seeing you all there.

I would wager that the food tent will open on Friday morning, although there will be a fair few campers on Thursday evening that would make it viable. Ledbury is only a few minutes away by car and has a full range of amenities - pubs, takeaways and a Tesco, just in case.

I expect we'll pitch up on Thursday (but may stay at Ed's if invited ;-) ). According to the timetable now online, we can ride the course on Friday between 4 and 6pm - so anyone travelling down on Friday that wants a quick lap knows what time to aim for.

We'll have our usual early evening meet and greet BBQ on the Friday too - don't forget your beer (none available on site)...

Capt K

all calm here .... :shock: :shock: :shock:

How and when is it decided who is riding when?

I am not far down the road so can arrive when ever, Aiming for Thursday, Jonnyboy I can bring a BBQ to muster us through Feeding Thursday night if needed :D

coz i wasn't sure about food on thursday night i was thinking hit a local pub for a proper sit down meal but i'll defo bring some beer but trust me you don't want to try my cooking, beans on toast is my culinary limit!! :LOL:

really looking forward to this though :D

Im working on the Friday so will be travelling down over night. It's about five hours from here so should get there in the early hours. Hope someone will still be up to have a beer or two with.

Si

daj":277wv0bc said:
all calm here .... :shock: :shock: :shock:

How and when is it decided who is riding when?

I am not far down the road so can arrive when ever, Aiming for Thursday, Jonnyboy I can bring a BBQ to muster us through Feeding Thursday night if needed :D

The Captains have a proven methodology for sorting out the running orders - all will be revealed come the team, meeting over a leisurely bacon sandwich on Saturday morning... ;-)

Capt K

@daj, awsome pub dinner it is then!! :D

@dr s, find the crappy blue honda and wake me up, i'll be in the tent next to it! i'll have a beer with you!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back