todays Isle of Wight AFTERMATH thread!!!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
awsome day!!! :D :cool:

we all met up at the ferry terminal in lymington, some of my local mates who were supposed to turn up didn't, bloody cowards!!! :LOL:

the list today of reprobates was :-

me, tintin, heathy, gravymonster, guybe, lumos2000, wu tangled, kleinmadchris, makster, green rabbit, craig,adam and gary, mark, think thats everyone! apologies if i have forgot anyone!!

we got off the ferry and got straight onto the causeway where heathy had the first mechanical of the day! his powerlink on his £50 chain came appart!!! we laughed!! we took the piss!!! :LOL:

we then went up onto the golfcourse out of freshwater which was a shock to some, this was followed by a chalky downhill which is quite rutted and pretty fast!! then there was a long grinding climb, it was hard climb but we got up there and enjoyed the grass downhill where craig decided to throw himself off his bike which made everyonelse piss themselves!!! :LOL: was so funny, he looked like a turtle on it's back!! :LOL:

then we were back to climbing, a gravelly climb up limerstone down which eventually chucked us out on a road where we turned right and went down to a pub called the crown. food was good, waitress was better!!! :D and then there was the conversation about "gunt" , you can pm me or any other attendee for information on that!!! :LOL: :LOL:

after finally leaving the pub we headed back up the road climb we had just decsended, turned right into a field climb that eventually threw us out at the bottom of the chillerton tv mast, we rode right past the bottom of it and then carried on down a little trail that tried to hit a few people with a rogue branch!! some got hit, some didn't!! :LOL:

next there was another climb up a dodgy little path that had loads of small rocks and a bunch of rutts, slow climb that then had another steeper climb after it! :shock:

eventually we ended up back on the tennyson trail but going back towards freshwater so this meant we had another fast downhill (where i got stung by a bee!!! but i'm hard so i carried on!!) then we climbed back up the hill where craig fell off and got a great fast descent back to the bottom of a chalky climb that we were all dreading! i had it though!! mid ring!!! coz i'm 'ard!!! because me, wu and rabbit were pissing about with photos though the others had got well ahead so we gave a little stick to catch up!

we were all back together at the bottom of the golfcourse and we carried on back to yarmouth where we got ICE CREAM!!! :D :D

here's a few pics, i'll upload the rest to facebook and do a link to the gallery, although there are a quite alot so it will take some time!! :D

awsome to meet everyone and i'm glad you all came!!

Attachments

• modern bike is first mechanical!!.jpg
    modern bike is first mechanical!!.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 3,278
  • rabbit and wu checking out the climb to come.jpg
    rabbit and wu checking out the climb to come.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 3,278
  • the days weapons!.jpg
    the days weapons!.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3,278
  • this set the tone for the day!.jpg
    this set the tone for the day!.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3,278
looks a crackin day out :LOL: btw is that wise on a ship :?: :LOL:

Was a top day out, Thanks to Jonny for organising the trip. Pub was great. I really enjoyed this trip and must admit that it been laughing all the way :LOL:

Great to meet you all and cant wait for the next one

Im off to watch Street Wars now :LOL:

Cheers

:cool:

Another belter of a ride Jonny! Was great to meet some more of the people I've chatted to on here and put faces to names.
Heathy was again on top form and ensured that the conversation rarely left base level :LOL:
Glad I took the Overbury's, as thats the first time its ever been off road in its whole life, but was wishing I was on my Alpinestars on the long climbs!
Been trying to think of a qoute of the day, and the best I've come up with so far is 'my Sister is a pikey'
Got a few good pics that I'll try to get up once I get some time.

Thanks again Jonny for a great day :cool:

Here are some of the pics I took :cool:

1st picture was Sunrise at stupid o'clock in Bristol ;)

IOW001.jpg

IOW002.jpg

IOW003.jpg

IOW004.jpg

IOW005.jpg

IOW006.jpg

Right then..... appologies for the piss-poor quality of these pics. Got a new phone last month and its a total pos!

Evolution? ;)
IMAGE_096.jpg

Good excuse to sit down and enjoy the view!
IMAGE_085.jpg

Lumos2000 hits the top of the killer final climb
IMAGE_086.jpg

Tail end charlies :LOL:
IMAGE_097.jpg

Really great day out. I'm going to look at organising a Purbecks ride for in a couple of months time for all those who enjoyed this ride, and anyone else who likes what they see here.

Back