Location User Groups

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just throwing this out..

John, would it be possible to add 'user groups' at least for the established areas, like we do the Kona group. Allow people to join the one's they wish. It may make it easier to find who will enjoy the rides in the area or to ask questions to as you can get the list in one or two clicks.

Everyone else, what do you think ?

we've already got at least three - NE, MiDRetro (East Midlands) and MacRetro (Scotland) :D

John makes the Usergroup and we then join it if we choose to. You could also join more than one. (say for me Lincolnshire and RetroTikes or whatever it's called for the area)
To join you just go into the usergroup and select join group for the particular one.

People organising things or who would like to know who is near them for a ride can just hit Usergroups (up there, below Auction Watch and between the Chat channel and Memberlist) and see who is in the list.

If people fill in their actual location I could then list everyone who is interested in the NE group and quickly find who is near me.

I think phpBB could also be modified to show which groups you are in under you Avatar and post count on the left in a post as well.

Jolly good idea :cool:

I do need to get the area groups thing sorted from the forum view, sadly time is short currently.

Happy enough to setup phpbb groups for various areas. Let me know the groups and who will run it and I'll get 'em setup.

FluffyChicken":b1wd79kx said:
I think Dr S for the NE & Yorkshire group anyway.

I've warned you lot about empowering the likes of me before- it'll be my wicked pleasure :twisted: :LOL:

This could be a good idea if only I had a clue what you're all on about. Whats a ppbbhb or whatever? These user groups- are they just lists (I love lists) or secret price fixing cartels? Is that what the VRC is?

I'm confused

Si

Back