The 3 Yorkshire Peaks walk

s_zigmond

Senior Retro Guru
All,

Myself and a few work colleagues will be doing the 3 yorkshire peaks on Saturday the 9th May.

If anyone is interested in joining us feel free. We will be meeting at the cafe (Ths start point) at 7.00am to leave by 7.30am.

The plan is to have a laugh more than anything else. We wll be trying to complete it in the 12 hours but other than that we have no particular plans.

After the walk we will be staying over on the camp site to eat drink and generally be merry.

As mentioned before all are welcome, so just thought I would put the idea "out there".

Good luck! We managed it in 8hrs 30mins by the classic 'don't go down the same path you went up' route :shock: We did run several sections of it though. We were near hallucinating by the end! I think it was 29 miles. What a great day though - best of luck!

PS sorry for the texts - your name is next to another mate's in my phone!!

:)

No problem fella.

I thought i was going mad when you sent the first one.

I had said I was going to try do it in under 8.5hrs but have realised my fitness levels arent what they were so plan to take my time instead.

yes best to take your time - the first time we tried it we got 3/4 the way round and my mates knee seized up and we had to stop :shock:

Have you done the 4 inns Ed? We were going to a couple of years ago. I crushed my achilles, one of the team broke his leg and another fractured a wrist in the training run-up with about 6 weeks to go, suffice to say we didn't do it :(

It's a great route. Walked it all in 20 - 30 mile chunks but never did it all in one go.

Our target for that was a 12 hour finish which probably would have killed me.

Sorry for the hijack & good luck Zig

Back