Hope XC Race Series. Lee Quarry, Rossendale.

sinnett177

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk/

Starts this weekend, I believe entries aren't full, so you are able to enter on the day.

I wasn't going to ride as i'm starting my nights this Sunday, but it's so local to me it would be rude not to. I'll be entering on the day also.

It's a pity but I'm TT'ing Saturday and have the Classic Bike Display on Sunday so no can do.

Could have been interested otherwise so I'll have a look at the other dates.

Good value entry fee, less than what it was years ago!

A stinking cold has put pay to my plans for this. Will try and make the second round.

Bumping an old thread, but better than starting a new one.

Filled in an entry form and plan to turn up and enter on the day on Sunday. It will be the second to last HOPE series of 2010.

I feel pain coming on ....

Wish me luck, not raced for a decade or so, maybe Student Champs '95, Shewsbury ?

Only of an evening, 1 lap, with several little loops on the 30 sec downhill runs they have on the top.

This 1.5 hour + 1 lap will be like 4 laps!!

I'm going to die......

I managed 1 full lap of Gisburn Forest last Thursday eve in 2.5 hours, and then again on Sunday in just under 2 hours, was a bit easier in the daylight .....

Bear in mind I hadn't ridden a bike since '97 (??) until 2 months ago, only been out playing on a Thursday eve really, have no base fitness at all really. Arms, Legs, Back, Lungs are all not up to a race really ... but what the hell, I'll give it a go :twisted:

Oooo Lee Quarry me like its a bit
IMG_2636.jpg

And a bit
IMG_2625.jpg

If you haven't been your missing out ;)

I think my arms will fall off (no suspension)

Attachments

• mbuk.JPG
    mbuk.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 2,559
Nah, you'll be ok with no suss. The chaps and me checked out Lee Quary a month or so ago and beavis was as quick as me on my Orange 5 on his On-One 29er single speed. Great fun and a good route. :cool:

I've been up twice of an evening, so i know what to expect.
Its arm & leg fitness too, not just the no suspension. Only 2 months since i started riding again - thats the killer!

At leas the bike is light for the climb up.

Back