Twentyfour12 - Newnham Park, July 2009

Weon

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Is anyone else here riding in this year's Twentyfour12?

Have done the last two. The first was just down the road from me in the Cotswolds and was rubbish but last year they moved to Newnham Park and it was great.

If anyone else is riding it would be great to meet up for a high-carb, ultra-performance-enhancing ale at some point over the weekend!

I'm hoping to have the Eldridge Grade built and ready to race by then!

Simod and myself shall be there again weon, are you in a team or solo :?:
Anyone else thinking about it, do it. it's one of the best courses out there.

I'm in a team with 6 others. We are entered in the Just for Fun category under the name "These are not my sister's clothes" (it's a long story).

Are you a pair or solo (so to speak)?

I echo your sentiment. It's a great event and the course last year was cracking, as was the weather. For those who aren't really that competitive (like me) it's a realy chilled out event to just come to, hang out and do a couple of laps.

Possibly my best ever biking moment was had on my last lap last year, just as the sun was rising to my right as I went up that loooong climb. I saw some rabbit ears appear and disappear and appear and disappear as he bounced through the mist coming off the field. There was no-one else around and i just though "This is what I've been riding for 16 years to see!"

Then I went and drank some beer!

:shock:
Christ, are we racing again - when did i agree to this and how many beers had i consumed!?! :shock: :LOL: :cool:

Back