HoNC aftermath

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Chaps (and non chap)

Great day out today, perfect weather, amazing scenery (and cakes), convivial company. Wrists are mad sore though and the final descent was brutal.

Anyway, bike is coated in a layer of happy dust, legs feel sore and heavy, belly is full. Does life get much better?

I have no feeling in my legs and arms whatsoever - should I call a Doctor or just bin those Switchblades...?!

Mr K

Best HONC I've ridden in recent years. Great route, great weather (I've actually got a suntan!) and great company.

Nice to see you all again... really looking forward to Mayhem now!

As Ed says a top day out.

Weather Perfect, good trail, great company, and much love shown towards to old steeds.

AND pork pies and egg sarnies courtesy of Mrs Valins Snr and a shortcut back to the A40, bonza.

I am proper f8cked though.

Great day really, really enjoyed it. My legs and arms are dead and I only did the 50km route, hats off to you fellas who did the 100km, that really is some effort. After setting off at 5am this morning i'm fit to drop now.

Thought the course was fantastic, really enjoyed the descents and the climbs were testing but every one achievable. As Ed said the final descent was a killer, my arms and hands were so dead and cramped up I was struggling to reach and pull the brake levers, heart in mouth stuff! The scenary was spectacular and the conditions like a perfect summers day.

Thanks to Wu and Heathy for riding with me after the rest stop and in particular for helping when my right leg cramped up on the final hill. Great to put more retrobike faces to names. Looking forward to seeing some pics, website says they'll be available mid week.

Phew - survived the 50K and thanks to Russell and friends for great company and moral support. Enjoyed it a lot and also good to put a few faces to names from the forum.

That was the best honc course yet, so much more interesting than previous years. A shame i got caked in mud on that last decent, i was just thinking before that how clean i was :roll:
Good to see you guys again, and meet a few new faces.

Top ride gents. Got round the 100k in a bit over 5hrs riding time, feeling a little jaded now :D

Great conditions this year, certainly a bit easier than last years slog. Looking forward to next year already :cool:

Good to see a load of retrobikers down there too.

Re: .

mrkawasaki":cbe5blyy said:
I have no feeling in my legs and arms whatsoever - should I call a Doctor or just bin those Switchblades...?!

Interestingly three of the five who rode the 100k were fully rigid - wrists of steel are what is required!

And why can't I stop eating?

Back