Isle of Wight retro ride!!! date is MAY 10TH INFO UPDATE

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
EDITED TO ADD INFO FOR THE RIDE TIME

I WANT US TO GET THE 10AM FERRY, WHICH MEANS WE NEED TO BE AT THE FERRY PORT FOR AROUND 9.30 AM, THIS WILL GIVE EVERYONE TIME TO ASSMBLE BIKES AND GET TICKETS SORTED, SORRY IF THIS SEEMS EARLY BUT BEAR IN MIND THAT MOST RIDES DON'T START WITH A BOAT RIDE!!! :LOL:

AND SO YOU KNOW, THE FERRY WAITS FOR NO -ONE!!! WE ARE NOT FAMOUS OR RICH ENOUGH . . . . . . YET.

HERE IS A LINK FOR THE FERRY, CLICK ON "LYMINGTON PIER" FOR THE GOOGLE MAP

http://www.wightlink.co.uk/travel-infor ... -pier.aspx

ANY PROBLEMS GIVE ME A PM OR IF IT'S EASIER ASK BY PM FOR MY NUMBER

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS, SHOULD BE A GOOD LAUGH!! :D

i've had a couple of requests for another isle of wight retro ride, i have pretty much the next month off but have some commitments aswel so here's a list of dates that i can lead the ride that also (i think) don't clash with anythingelse.

sunday 19th april (my birthday! :D )
sunday 26th april
sunday 10th may CONFIRMED DATE
sunday 28th june (after mayhem!)

here's a couple of threads from the island rides to tempt you!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

retro rides preferred but i don't really mind what you ride as long as you turn up.

also judging by last retro meet i would suggest a 9.30am ferry, last time we cut it really close for getting munchies at the pub

also i'll be inviting some non retro mates aswel so feel free to bring friends.

pace will be casual and not painful, distance will be 30miles i guess, last time it was about 29miles in total. also it is hilly, you will need a granny ring or wide rear cassette.

i'll do a facebook link aswel.

:D :D

Any day sounds fine. April showers :? 9.30 :shock: :shock: Shit F**king early start for me :LOL:

do it tintin!! i have never seen a trimble in the flesh yet. direct train from london to brockenhurst then swap to lymington pier and you're at the ferry terminal. :D

Hi, I would like to try this Isle of Wright ride after seeing the pics on your previous rides and it looked fun to try it out, I am free anytime but prefer to have the April dates if possible, cheers :)

jonnyboy666":3qs93524 said:
do it tintin!! i have never seen a trimble in the flesh yet. direct train from london to brockenhurst then swap to lymington pier and you're at the ferry terminal. :D

Thanks for the Train directions :cool: Who needs sleep :? Sleep is for wimps :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

jonnyboy666":1aqs8exd said:

Sun 10 May
London Waterloo (WAT) to Brockenhurst (BCU)

Journey Summary Details - Option 1 Departs Arrives Duration
08:35 10:17 1:42

The best I can make is 10.17 :?

come down the night before, i'll take you out for a curry!! :D we can fart our way up the climbs!!!

we'll get the date confirmed then we'll see what we can sort out, happy to pick tou up from the station etc, i'm sure the olds won't mind you crashing. :D

Back