RETROBIKE'S BIG DIRTY WEEKENDER- THIS WEEKEND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
1 DAY TO GO!
North East and Yorkshire Area Group Present

The RetroBike Big Dirty Weekender 2009

25-26 July 2009

North Yorkshire Moors National Park

Schedule

Saturday

Retro Bike Concours d'elegance with prizes for pre 95, post 95 and working bikes. Peoples choice award for BDW09 Bike of the Year.

Bike Jumble and trade stalls- bring all your spares for sale and swaps!

Official PACE gathering sponsored by Fork English- line up of Retro Paces with prizes supplied by PACE gurus Fork English.

22 mile circular old skool ride taking in the glorious forests and moors of North Yorkshire

Repack Downhill Challenge timed to the second downhill sections on Sat and Sun main rides.

'Cock 'o' the North' Retro Trials event, solo and team challenge with unique handicap system!

BBQ, Quiz, Music, Drinks and Banter into the early hours

Sunday

Cooked Breakfast at The Fox and Rabbit (cost TBA)

Prize giving for concours, Repack Downhill Challenge and trials event

Half day around Dalby's new and old Red Routes, SSUK course and off-piste bits led by Gil_M before a mid afternoon finish.

Announcement of the date and location of BDW2010

Event will be based on a quiet campsite behind a traditional country pub, serving good food and fine ales. Local B & B accomodation is available if camping is not for you. Subject to numbers RetroBike will have a large separate campsite for our exclusive use. Secure storage will be available for your precious bikes and belongings when we are away.

This years featured manufacturer is PACE and we hope to have the largest ever gathering of square tubed bikes on display with prizes supplied by Fork English.

Route Recce has been completed for both days and route offers something for everyone from fast and flowing oldskool singletrack to killer climbs and technical descents.

To give us an idea of numbers please check your Diary and place your interest below.

Camping is just £7 and special ltd edition T-Shirts are available pre-ordered at just £8. This is a non profit event and camping, food and T-Shirts are all payable on the day.

This will be a cracking event with a big Yorkshire welcome- but as ever it needs you to make it special, so put down that polishing cloth and we'll see you 'oop on't moor'

Cheers
Dr S
On behalf of the NE & Yorks Area

3684125164_deb3fb28e1_o.jpg

3683314597_bd39d88ce9_o.jpg

3683314535_89d5da88fa_o.jpg

3684124970_ef16f88e3f_o.jpg

3683314377_4a31b1b693_o.jpg

3684124858_0be50170e1_o.jpg

3683314245_56ed9d593b_o.jpg

LTD EDITION T-SHIRT £8.
ORDERS CLOSE AT NOON ON TUES 21ST JULY

Attachments

• retrobike_bdw_ts_270.jpg
    retrobike_bdw_ts_270.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 7,178
Excellent :D

Pace thing is something I have wanted to do for a long time, almost Yeti tribe meet style

I will have a word with Adrian, can't promise anything but if you promise him a beer you might even get a special guest ;)

Dates on Calendar, time to dust off the Bike Jumble spares

gil_m":2bjcwxlg said:
Excellent :D

Pace thing is something I have wanted to do for a long time, almost Yeti tribe meet style

I will have a word with Adrian, can't promise anything but if you promise him a beer you might even get a special guest ;)

He can have several if he finds a set of grey cable guides down the back of the sofa!!

A large Pace gathering was actually Jerkys idea last year. Will be great to get a load of them together in one place.

Would like to point out this is not a Pace only event, anything and anyone is welcome but try and keep the bikes retro in spirit if you have to bring something modern.

Had a few confirmations by PM and already into double figures. Good ole Bas is putting a Dutch party together to give it an international flavour too.

More details over the next few days.

Cheers
Si

I'm thinking of coming along to this, can't confirm just yet though

I don't have a retro mountain bike (only a road bike at the mo), although my modern mtb does have square (ish) tubing.... and it's British ;)

Would being an ageing retro rider count me in on this meet?

Whilst normally impossible - just ask the Girlfriend (Boom Boom! ha ha ha ha ha etc etc), I would like to be considered possible for this event.

Have fun. I'm on nights, i've already got time off earlier in the month so i'm screwed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back