Sports Casuals MM09 Virtual Training Camps - Tapering!

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Yo Sports Casuals - with only 89 days to go, now's the time to step up that training regime with our series of virtual training camps. We'd like all team riders to train simultaneously when the Captains' call it, in their typically ad hoc way...

So this Sunday at 11am Captains K and Retroking will be leading by example, setting off from Hayfield for their first Peaks session of the year - come and join us if you can.

We look forward to finding out in this thread what will you be doing; what did you actually did...

Captains' K and Retroking

What route you planning?

I have just put SPDs on the bike so not confident to do anything too technical with them. I have just been getting used to them on the road. I can always swap them back to flats.

Otherwise I'll have a think about it, not too far from me. My M-Trax might even have arrived so could use that :)

It'll give me an idea of just how unfit I am.

Wish I could join you on Sunday, would really like to explore the peaks some more. Sadly I finish my nights at 8 Sunday morning so really would drag you back if I attended. It also happens to be mothers day so am otherwise engaged later in the afternoon.

Getting ready for HONC so will see you there!

11am on a Sunday? I will be marvelling at the ability of black pudding to repeat on ones digestive system with a series of fragrant burps whilst pondering lunch.

Riding? Nah!*

*will have already been out for 2 hours on my local loop. 6:00am sharp every Sunday rain or shine for me and then home to spend a relaxing day with my girls.

Have a good one
Si

m-trax":1hft3qiq said:
What route you planning?

I have just put SPDs on the bike so not confident to do anything too technical with them. I have just been getting used to them on the road. I can always swap them back to flats.

Otherwise I'll have a think about it, not too far from me. My M-Trax might even have arrived so could use that :)

It'll give me an idea of just how unfit I am.

L - it'll be perfect for you - we're taking it very easy this Sunday - Max is only bringing one lung.... PM me if you're up for it and I can give you more details...

Capt K

riding after Super Saturday (last day of 6 Nations)? Are you MAD? I'll be at a friends pub in Llangollen for the weekend.

I got my Sunday ride in last weekend though:
3357477778_11db83b86b_o.png

and last night I broke my night riding virginity with a 3 hour ride with the local Enduro loving YstwythCC (MTB Section).

I like the idea of Virtual training though and will join in in future :)

Ok I'll give it a go if you can cope with a girl huffing and puffing then nearly having a heart attack up the hills.

Hopefully I won't be that bad but we shall see.

To SPD or not, I don't want to go arse over tit.

PS:- Working on the other half, he isn't fit either might be able to persuade him.

Back