NW Area Rides

Sidewinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As a newcomer to the site(relatively) and having looked down the Rides section ,it appears that there isn't a North West section although I know that there are a number of members in the area .Would anyone be interested in a ride preferably somewhere sociable(Llandegla springs to mind) where we can meet up have a ride and a coffee/bacon bap etc and generally put faces to names ?

Thats Wales!

I'm North East but would be up for a ride in the Lakes. Not too far from Liverpool. I'm sure some off the other NE and Yorks group would be up for it as well as the more Southern Members of MacRetro.

Find a spot, sort a date and start a thread and the will come!

Si

The reason for suggesting Llandegla was purely that its at most 1 hr from the furthest point in the NW catchment area ie Manchester Liverpool etc ,as for the start a thread ,I thought thats what I've done :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: but if the concensus is the Lakes then so be it ;)

Yep up for that, North Wales, Lakes or even Trough of Bowland. Some great rides around here. Give me a shout if need help organising anything.

North west rides

Its a big area the North West. I kind of regard Manchester as more Derbyshire ;)

There is the Trough of bowland which is in the forest of Bowland albeit with few trees to qualify it as a forest - You have Gisburn; Rivington near Botlon, then into the lakes & Yorks dales.

I am too unreliable/unfit to set up any rides and cant find any 8 speed Gripshifts.

Re: nw rbmeet

nobby the sheep":32h3onwm said:
going lee quarry [bacup] next sunday if any one fancys it
Just a couple of miles from me but i'm working next weekend. Have you been before?

nw rbmeet

no but i am going with some of my local club [mostly newbie members it will give them a taste of what to expect when we take them out into the wilds]and a couple of my downhill mates

went a few months ago when it was snowing Lee quarry itself isn't very long so would need to extend it if youre going to park in the local carpark

nw rbmeet

some of the guy's are new to mtbing so its more of a skills and confidence building day i am going to be doing with them,it's better been closer to civilisation with them[incase of any accidents ]instead of been 15 or so miles in the middle of no were

Back