Forest of Dean THE AFTERMATH

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Back in one piece!!

Another great day of superb trails organised by Sheldon, Del and the rest of the team, Big thank you.

I hope everyone enjoyed the day :cool: , We couldnt of asked for better weather

And very sorry for holding up the start being late :oops: (holds head in shame)

Here are some pics , Didnt get many this time

DSC05255.jpg

DSC05256.jpg

DSC05257.jpg

DSC05259.jpg

DSC05260.jpg

DSC05261.jpg

DSC05264.jpg

DSC05266.jpg

DSC05269.jpg

Marvelous.

What a day! Big thanks to Sheldon and his 'team' and Daj for setting it all up. Perfect weather, dry trails and a nice pint, what more could you ask for? Oh the company wasn't bad either ;) I am now going to soak my aching bones in the bath. It didn't feel like 17 miles, but it does now.

I would like to say a big thanks to Sheldon/Del for showing us Forest of Dean, it was a fantastic ride, the weather was perfect and the trails was awesome, best one I have done so far, some nice bikes and company, I really enjoyed it today and hope to do it again one day.

Attachments

• Forest of Dean ride 3.jpg
    Forest of Dean ride 3.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 3,055
  • Forest of Dean ride 2.jpg
    Forest of Dean ride 2.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 3,055
  • Forest of Dean ride 1.jpg
    Forest of Dean ride 1.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 3,055
more pics

Attachments

• Forest of Dean ride 6.jpg
    Forest of Dean ride 6.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 3,051
  • Forest of Dean ride 5.jpg
    Forest of Dean ride 5.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 3,051
  • Forest of Dean ride 4.jpg
    Forest of Dean ride 4.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 3,048
Oh I'm so sorry I missed this one - heard it was a really great route! Will there be another one soon - I'll try to be fit next time!

And very sorry for holding up the start being late Embarassed (holds head in shame)

At least you made it :oops:

I'm so sorry guys – once again the legendary Crayons sense of direction let me down. I was in Gloucester by 9:30, but something went spectacularly wrong with my sat nav (I forgot to bring it) and the roadmap may as well have been in french for all the use I could make of it :twisted: Needless to say I never found the visitors centre – not even sure I found the right town to be honest – though I did find some forest (which I'm assuming was Dean) and got a couple of hours riding in. Damned if I was going to drive that far and not spin my wheels – t'was lovely and warm though

I hope you weren't waiting around for me :roll:

Next time we plan one of these rides, can I follow someone who knows where they're going please :LOL:

What a top ride , To summarize the ride :)

• Weather Hot and Sunny
• Bikes , Plenty of old un’s
• Route – Spectacular
• Mud, some but not too much
• Pub, Lovely food and beer, great scenery ;)
• Best retro ride yet

Must say a big thanks to Daj for organising and to Del and Sheldon for the routes. Was good to see all there and cant wait to do this again.

Perfect !

Here are some of my pics, I have some identical to others posted as we only had a chance to take pics when stopped so wont post those.

March2009041-1.jpg

March2009042-1.jpg

March2009043-1.jpg

March2009056.jpg

March2009057.jpg

March2009058.jpg

March2009048.jpg

March2009046.jpg

March2009050.jpg

Pretty much already covered and superlatives often used too readily but fantastic day out, company and route. Great to see some people returning plus so many new faces, genuinely something for everyone.

Seriously, does it get an better than dry but not too dry trails, warm but not too warm weather, altitude changes but not too much, friendly but not too friendly company etc? Simply, no.

As posted above, particular thanks to Sheldon, Del and Dave for making it happen, already looking forward to the next one.

Where's all the mud?

I waided through Yorkshire glop all day yesterday and encounted the same back home today, yet you lot don't even need wash your bikes!

Back