Gorrick Spring Series,

elite504

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've been racing the Gorrick spring series on the od kokopelli in the Masters cat this year. First round a shade on the muddy side, and a squiffy turnup on the second round due to snow induced calender jiggery-pokery. .
However, round 3, sunday the 2st of march saw a nice bright day and a few retro steeds, including the hero racing a Merlin Newsboy. Anyone from here. . ??

Its been good fun hasn't it :cool: I've been flying the retrobike flag in Open at all rounds so far, though not on a Newsboy. After the somewhat rude awakeing of the first round that to even have a chance of racing you need to be at the front of the pack at the start, its been 'fun'.

Sunday was good but it was such a fast course, I neeed to get more power in my legs to cope with the acceleration on fireroads as thats where I lost ground.

I was expecting everyone to have blinged out carbon race bikes so its kinda nice to look around and see the amout of old bikes still getting ragged around. Saw a few Pace, old Stumpys and Konas this weekend.

Are you at the next one?

Shall be! Shoulde be doing all the series. I left this one before the open started, as the car parking was so tricky, I was just trying to free up space. Yes, so much faster this round than the others, I actually used the big ring! The last one you could have easily taken on a SS, and the first, well, I ended up running all the hills it was so gloopy> All part of the fun. I'm not doing very well, but its being there than counts. Even the missus likes the atmosphere, and the races aren't too long. ;)

I rode a couple rounds at the start of 08. Always a good series to ride. Makes me laugh they call it the spring series and it starts Jan/Feb which is a bit early for spring. I wished they would run a summer series.

tintin40":269gtoxb said:
I wished they would run a summer series.
Ditto that! Some of the courses are fantastic in the dry.
I hope it hasn't got too much like F1 or whatever, maybe they're conceeding ground to the SMAS or something for the summer, and keeping the Gorrick strictly 'off season'.. . ?

Back