kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Full expose of yesterdays Scotland/England summit in Jedburgh

All seemed to be initially going to plan, everyone who was coming was there (a few comrades had to pull out, all had notes from their mums) and by and large on time. No small thanks on our side to Gazz's Daisy Duke Merc manouvres. To the casual observer a professional mtb unit were kitting up and shipping out, bikes being built and tested, maps being pondered and pointed at, camelbacks filled and sweeties bought at the shop. The veneer was shattered after the first 200 yards out of town. The crunching of gears/knees/hips et al had the locals running for cover as the ascent of the first incline( called hooorofa hill I believe I heard a fellow group member say) took place, an ambulance slowed but we waved it on. So 200 yards in.....check map.....continue climb :evil: this went on for approximately, by my reckoning 7 miles with 3000ft of ascent. The GPS did not concur with my estimation but I'll stand by my Apache instincts on distance and such.

Finally we reached the off road stuff, now were talking :cool: . This mixture of gloop and ahem north shore style :roll: boardwalk had us now walking for the next several miles and a few more thousand metres off ascent. Finally the ken broke from the ranks and had a spirited sprint up the almost vertical face of the climb, the promise of 2 black jacks as a summit prize had the desired effect, this was short lived as he collapsed though no first aid was required. It did herald the start of some rideable terain and a quick zip up the track to the radio mast station for a breather and pic opportunity.

Next up was a wee bit of downhill in the gloop action , ducking trees,sliding sideways, avoiding rocks and falling off. Finally something to smile about. After a wee wrong turn we were back on track, the remoteness and peril were brought home when a knawed sheeps leg was spotted, it sent a chill up the spine, danger was abroad and it was eating sheep.............

To be continued :D

kaiser":2eal1xhi said:
the remoteness and peril were brought home when a knawed sheeps leg was spotted, it sent a chill up the spine, danger was abroad and it was eating sheep.............

That was me. I was actually there but turn into a were-rabbit when I cross the border.

AC

Since Jedburgh is on our side of the border your we're rabbit affliction is getting worse. Soon you won't be able to leave Glasgow City limits. :LOL:

Kaiser and his cliff hanger endings :roll:

Tune in next episode for.............

velomaniac":1f56wvlj said:
AC

Since Jedburgh is on our side of the border your we're rabbit affliction is getting worse. Soon you won't be able to leave Glasgow City limits. :LOL:

Kaiser and his cliff hanger endings :roll:

Tune in next episode for.............

:oops: My bad....just shows the quality of my geographical knowledge....sounds like a good day out was had so far...

RAR!

wait until Kaiser tells you about the downhill road race when he invited me to, and I quote-"feel my big ring!" :shock:

a couple of pics...

gaz was on the camera in the group shot so he is photoshopped in.

Attachments

• DSC00144sm.jpg
    DSC00144sm.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 2,827
  • DSC00139sm.jpg
    DSC00139sm.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 2,827
nice pictures but if you went to the trouble to photoshop me you could have done something about my face/hair/belly :oops:

looking forward to part 2 kaiser......

..... part deux

sooooo intrepidly we ploughed on, past another bovine casualty at this point neil velo's mate bottled it and left for the sanctuary of the village along with his faulty GPS. We rode on in the hope of finding another piece of rideable trail only to find the way blocked by some large impassable trees. Getting a bit glum now, an inspired right turn, to "see were this goes" led us to a lovely manmade loop with some jumps twist and turns and much whooping by all. By this point some of the older ones were tiring and thoughts of coco and napping were on there minds and the group decided to head home. A small debate on whether to continue on the trail or take the road back ensued with the road winning for quickness. What followed was a hoot'nanny(almost literally)

Dr S and Sithlord had warned us of the road ahead' bit twisty and the cars are murder' so for the sake of safety we all put an extra bit of ooomph in the return. Of course safety was last on anyones mind getting to the imaginery finish line was paramount. All that could were showing their big rings, gazz set the pace and was easily whupped by myself and Sithlord as I passed him the cry of 'feel my big ring' used to incentifise him for pursuit, perversley had the opposite effect. Not so Sithlord, this was the carrot he needed, set off after me like a greasy Sean Yates prodding and probing all the way and completed his coup de grace taking me at the junction. All reported equal shenanigans, bar jimi whose comeuppance come upped with his titchy singlespeed after darting up climbs unable to release his big ring.

A few more jousts back into town left everyone with big cheesy grins and much joshing and jibing. A technical discusion with Sithlord revealed speeds in excess of 120kph during the descent we reckon. A wee half an hour with everyone trying out everyone else's bikes gave further pleasure with the much admired Ritchey and the Hei Hei sharing the limelight for the MacRetro lot anyroads. Only Velos mahoosive Falcon was left unridden by any other because no one could straddle never mind ride the beast. More plans were hatched and we all went our separte ways...almost. Me, Jimi, Gazz and the ken stopped for a fry up ( me and the ken) and a paninny ( Gash and Jimi).

The End

Oh and we had a beer too :LOL:

ps as mentioned Jamie, AC and P20 were all missed :( but not forgotten.

clockworkgazz said:
nice pictures but if you went to the trouble to photoshop me you could have done something about my face/hair/belly :oops:

quote]

I did, I tidied your hair, made you better looking and shrunk the belly, the full model works :)

Back