british nps , bmbrs round 1 sherwood pines

perry

Retrobike Rider
whos entering ?

http://www.britishxc.co.uk/index.php?op ... &Itemid=22

spent a winter eating cake and drinking tea in preparation :LOL: never raced before and id rather the first wasnt something as high profile as this but i decided to enter months ago so it would be a shame to bottle it as it looms ever nearer

ive had a look at whos already signed up so far and it seems everyone is either afiliated with a shop or another professional sounding team :?

i need to think of an intimidating or amusing team name :LOL:

doubt id enter with a piss poor fitness level at the mo but ill deffo pop over n watch,give words of encouragement...............heckle :roll: lol.
last mtb race i did was here many years ago,think it was the 1st year baker rode for gt iirc,still ride there every now n then and really like it.fast as you like and never to far away if you snap something :shock:

Im racing Masters and I believe MJN is entering too.
Looking forward to it, Sherwood is a decent venue and only about 50 minutes from home. :)

ill probably be in the open class . least amount of laps possible gives me a higher chance of finishing :LOL:

ive just got to try not to get in the way of everyone else

might see if the mrs is up for pedaling around sherwood this weekend . havnt even been there yet :oops:

So who's racing this weekend then so I know who to shout for/at ? :LOL:
Anybody going up for some spectating ?
We're planning on some riding saturday, camping at night then riding/spectating on sunday.
:cool:

Chaps

Im planning on racing the night time trial Saturday Eve and the Masters (of the universe) race at 3pm on the Sun. Im afraid due to severe lack of pedalling and therefore form, ill be racing the mini mig (well at least the frame is semi retro) rather than the bonty. There is a rumour that Mini Mig himself will be there, if so im aiming to get the frame signed. Still in retirement from mtb racing so really not expecting much. Good luck to anyone else racin esp Peebeds who looks like also in masters & say hello if you're spectating. Any volunteers for bottle duties would be very very gratefully received, it appears offical passes will be required. If anyone wants to meet up at the race ill be in silver passat with roof bars on, mobile is 07773390856. Should be there most of sat pm and mid am sun onwards.

The mini mig will be an unusual mix as ever:-

full dynamix miguel martinez world champ edition frame (circa 2001?) white
avid 5 white disk brakes
race face prodigy white stem
race face silver bar
x-lite metal matrix post, silver, currently broken so hope it stays together
xt cranks (possibly these will change as looking at a hope ceramic b/b and 42t TA ring option)
sram 9.0 gripshift & r mech.
silver fox forks 100mm
xt front mech & spds
wtb silverado saddle
bonty white grips
mix of cables, mainly nokon, some white.
superstar headset
stans wheels badged up as the 355s but these are the ztr race 7000 (1210grams!!), tubeless with bonty tires at circa 20psi

Back