Spring 2007 RetroBike meet - Sat 24th March North Downs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
All,

John and I have been discussing ideas for the next RetroMeet and thought it was worth sharing with you guys as early as possible. It seems that many of us have been denied attending these meetings by inconsiderate wives, families or bosses, so we thought if we could get a date agreed months in advance it gives people the ultimate chance to build up brownie points, get divorced, quit your job, whatever it takes basically..

The idea is to make this a longer ride with an optional night on the grog afterwards, so we can get completely shattered riding all day and then all melancholy about how we could have been a contender afterwards...

So, bearing in mind that the skill and stamina levels of the group vary, and no-one really wants to take their beloved retrosteed anywhere that boulders the size of Stonehenge might rip a nice chunk out of it, we are somewhat limited to venues.

The South downs has been proposed (anyone familiar with the trails there and know a good loop we could do ?)

Do you have any other suggestions for a venue where the biking is not too stressful and you can go a whole day ?? Oviously the Midlands would probably help geographically so we are open to any good ideas (Think Cannock has been exhausted).

Are you keen ??? Post your thoughts, concerns, preference of date from below choices and general opinions so we can gauge a level of interest and confirm a date asap..

Dates Proposed
24/25 March or
7/8 April

Book early to avoid disappointment..I know it seems a long way off but time flies when you reach our age !!

Hilts
On behalf of the Retrobike Forum.

anyone for something further north glentress or even the lomonds(just
over my hedge)?
mike

orange71":3vzvbvm4 said:
anybody been here? PS check out the world bike jump record video while you're there - how fast is he cycling??!!

http://www.coedllandegla.com/index.htm

****! I'll be just round the corner in Llangollen over Christmas & I never knew this place existed! So who's up for a ride, say the day after boxing day?! :D

I'd definately be up for going there in March / April too...

The dates seems ok for me .

7 /8 april is easter .

Lets start training then . :LOL:

Ahhhggghhh!!! Am I doomed never to get to one of these! :LOL:

March 9... My baby is due.
April 8... My sisters wedding.

How many are there going to be next year? Spring autumn and summer or just spring and autumn?

Looking forward to meeting all of you one day, in about 2012 :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back