SPAM'S Set2Rise

heathy

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here's the info.....This Event was launched in 2008, and was hailed to have one of the best courses of the year of this type of event. For 2009 the event will once again be sponsored by CHARGE BIKES who brought a fantastic prize fund with them (see PRIZES from 2008 event) in the form of bikes, frames and goodies from their associated sponsors, such as Sram, Avid, Oakley, Rock Shox, Night Flux & Muc-Off and the prize fund keeps growing and growing, with lights sets alone worth £299!

This year we know the event can compete with the long established 12 hour events but our aim is to attract more riders that have not discovered yet that you don't have to go to the ends of the Country to find a really good course! THIS EVENT IS LIMITED TO 500 RIDERS, so ENTER EARLY!

The weekend will include a demo day on Saturday 23rd May supported by local shops, Berties Maffoons (Marlborough), Red Planet (Swindon) and Bikes&Boards (Devizes), and of course CHARGE BIKES with GT & Mongoose Practise laps are available from midday plus jump demonstrations throughout saturday afternoon, overnight camping, and racing from 6pm Saturday to 6am Sunday, followed by an early morning presentation. Timelaps will be running their professional race timing system. Water and refreshments are available on site, but as always, we recommend you have a reasonable supply of your own to avoid dehydration. Full First Aid cover from Extreme Medics will also be on standby throughout the night. The event is open to solo riders, pairs and teams of (up to) 4.

We already have a team of 4 entered, Simod, Birdman, Alwayshorizontal and myself, and would be good to get some more people along!
This course really is amazing and will have even more single track this year, last year was about 90% ;)

Online entry here... http://www.spambiking.co.uk/eventsSet2R ... eventID=13

I thought 'press-ganging' went out with Nelson - therefore i can only conclude that Heathy is the new-age 'Nelson' :twisted:

MadCowKev":2wp58rd0 said:
Could be a good warm up for MM. Anyone else keen?

Yeah, come on Kev get another team together ;) How about you Jango :?:

Also, Tim at TFT is also sponsoring this, so maybe some forks in the prize fund :D

Simod":2g491sxx said:
I thought 'press-ganging' went out with Nelson - therefore i can only conclude that Heathy is the new-age 'Nelson' :twisted:

Has he got One Arm, One Eye, and One Ar<edit>!!......................

Back