Macetro last minute Mugdock meet aftermath.

awaycaboose

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Pics from todays ride, not too sure if two people constitute a meet but hey ho. Also apologies now for the more modern steed but the retro one is in bits and as the rider is 36 this week, he at least is decidedly retro. ;) :LOL:

Gazz has very kindly offered to post up some ride info as I'm doing the pics.

WHWRide001.jpg

WHWRide002.jpg

WHWRide005.jpg

WHWRide006.jpg

WHWRide011.jpg

WHWRide012.jpg

WHWRide013.jpg

WHWRide015.jpg

WHWRide016.jpg

WHWRide021.jpg

WHWRide025.jpg

WHWRide034.jpg

will do a ride synopsis later tonight but I think I might have made the scientific discovery of the decade-

I give you the Scottish Big foot......

Attachments

• gazz1.jpg
    gazz1.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 2,337
  • gazz.jpg
    gazz.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2,337
Naaaaaaaaaaa

Can't be, Bigfoot's got more taste than to wear that outfit :LOL:

Bigfoot's got more sense too, shorts in this weather :roll:

And photographic proof that Awaycaboose actually exists, previously thought to be a figment of Gazz's imagination :D

Looks a lot better fun than sitting on the M1 inside a sewing machine powered tupperware box being overtaken by EVERYTHING !

Cheers

ya know I looked at that photo and genuinely thought that reminds me of that Bigfoot photo :LOL: and hey presto...

wow - wish I had that scenery on my doorstep. Mind you Dark Peak ain't too bad.

I wish I could say that the picture was set up but that would be a big fat lie :oops:

I will have to change my name to Big_Brow_Gazz :LOL:

Report is coming soon promise.....I just spent the evening cleaning my sons hair of nits, must be a family thing :roll:

Report as promised

Two intrepid and hardy macretro bikers decided to do a spur of the moment rekkie for a future Macretro meet- namely Awaycaboose (facial hair fella) and clockworkgazz (big foot goon).

Date 14/12/08, Start time 12pm, Location- milngavie train station Glasgow, just at the start of the West Highland way.

The weather was cloudy but not to cold, 2-4 degrees with little or no wind but a very low cloud base giving your typical grey day in the wet coast of jockland. The route would be about 28-30km over some pretty easy and picturesque trails, not to many hills but some nice XC terrain to get your heart beating and the wind in your puss.

The weather had put a fair few folk off so the trails were not to busy :D and within about 1-2 miles we already felt like we were deep in the countryside. The ground was pretty firm if a bit gravely, thankfully there was very little ice albeit there were quite a few patches of gloppy mud to navigate and a few water features to contend with too. The West Highland way pretty much took us the the Dumgoyne distillery which will be a def. stopping place on the official Macretro meet :twisted:

From here we then took in a good climb up thru the woods to the Aqua duct with no name, and we then hugged the hillside heading up to the village of blanefield- the campsie hills were shrouded in mist and cloud giving a sort of cool if rather grey skyline.

After Blanefield we hit some pretty crappy roads with some even more crappy hills, now realise we should have taken the moor back over to Mugdock park and we will need to get this section sorted for the next meet.

Once in the park we switched bikes for a mile or so, would have been more but Jason really didn't like my clockwork- what can you do with a man who's primary concern is having a comfy mountain bike experience!

The On-one with judy's and Mary bars was a sweet ride (albeit a set up mainly for big Jessie types) and I am now looking for a set of Mary's for the dale.

Arrived back at Milngavie for about 3pm tired and muddy but with big stupid grins.

Top day the retro bike way!

Your right Orange71, we are pretty lucky to have some great countryside very close by- and have to say that the peak districk was one of my fav. places when I used to live in Madchester BITD, saddleworth moor was also a great day out too, nice roads and some great trails :cool:

I was very sad not to go to the peaks meet :cry: it looked cool as feck.

clockworkgazz":1p1je9fl said:
Once in the park we switched bikes for a mile or so, would have been more but Jason really didn't like my clockwork- what can you do with a man who's primary concern is having a comfy mountain bike experience!

The On-one with judy's and Mary bars was a sweet ride (albeit a set up mainly for big Jessie types) and I am now looking for a set of Mary's for the dale.

To clarify. It's not that I didn't like the Clockwork, it's just that you need to throw a proper set of bars and a nice short stem on it. I mean how are you meant to ride something if the bars aren't at least the same height as the saddle? :LOL:

Back