MacRetro SS Meet ?

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Hey guys, what about meeting up at the pollock park circuit with our respective SS bikes for sme trainning laps sometime this December.

This gives those still in the building bikes stage time for completion and time to come up with good excuses to back out.

We will need to train for SSUK09 as SS requires more than riding skills. The whole process is more cyclo-X than just XC :shock:

I'm turning the newly aquired Alpinestars into a big BMX with trials forks fat tyres and braced riser bars.

SS racers usually are all about leverage (wide bars, long cranks) and traction (fat aggressive tyres).

looking forward to replies !

count me in too, I have the not so retro Genesis but could consider using the Dale if it turns out to be a useable rig? Find a date that suits and I will be there :cool:

You all know the drill, so I'll say yay to pollock and youse can all play "will he won't he" 'til the 12th :LOL:

Does mean I'll need to take the bloody gears back off the inbred which were installed for Glentress...DOH! :LOL:

AC I think you are one of the SS masters so why not- "not change gear on the day"- save the fettling?

Should be good for that date :cool:

I should be ok for that date, bike should be good to go too, just waiting on a set of Maguras, got a bottom bracket organised and i've just ordered the single speed bits from the LBS ;)

Gonna be wierd building a bike and not having to worry about shifters, mechs and cables :LOL:

Cast your mind back to childhood, in my case the 70's when bikes for kids only had one gear, and in my case next to no brakes :roll:

Also fervently wish you had the energy of a kid as you swear your way up an incline thinking who's stupid idea was this anyway ;)

Momentum is your friend, braking just wears out blocks, pick the right line and go for it :D :D :D

velomaniac":11p3aq3y said:
Cast your mind back to childhood, in my case the 70's when bikes for kids only had one gear, and in my case next to no brakes :roll:

1870's, looking good V, just need some nobblies :LOL:

MILNG004131.jpg

Should add that I can't make it that day :( first no show, :cry:

Back