V Short Notice- Glentress in the morning?

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Had enough of work so decided to take a few days off. Unfortunately Mrs S has had me indoors doing DIY today whilst the sun shone- not my idea of a few days off, so I'm up with the Larks in the morning and I'm off to Glentress for the day. Weather looks good, anyone want to call in sick and join me?
You only live once guys!

toons":2ti2vhv5 said:
Dr S what did you think of Glentress?

A little easy and not long enough. Had her on the middle ring all day. I keep putting front mech and granny back on but I'm just going to junk them :LOL:

The downhill bits were great, really fast and busy. New Yeti was great but rear shock sucks- it bottoms out constantly even on max air pressure. Or maybe Im just fat? :p :p

Dr S":33g1as7m said:
Did red with odd bit of black thrown in. Shock is Fox DHX air 5.0

The red by its self doesn't take that long.

I found the DHX did blow through the travel very easily; I swapped it out for a Fox RP23.

Ditch the suspension and do it rigid, much more fun, I suspect the suspension would level out a lot of spooky woods stuff at the top.

The full black route is much longer but I've only done it in reverse - before it was "built", so I can't tell you how challenging it is, but I did hit 48 on the fire road down :D .

I'd hate those climbs without my granny ring, I only have one gear going up hill 26-28 :oops:

The black is quality, but its also great to mix and match at glentress.

For the longest downhill; take the black up to the radio mast at Dunslair Heights, then on to the red, it’s practically all downhill from here! Spooky Woods, Super G, Hit-Squad Hill, Pie Run, Mushroom Pie (not on the map yet), Magic Mushroom and last section Falla Brae.

Another good loop; Red up all the way up spooky woods, then switch to Betty blue, Then down the fire road to Deliverance, up Redemption killer climb, on to the Ewok village and then you can either take the red or black home

Back