Real Ale Wobble aftermath

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Great ride today chaps, really good to meet so many new people and to put faces and real names to usernames.

Lots better course than last year too, hopefully a few more may fancy it in 2009.

Near miss!

By the sound of it I missed you by an hour or so yesterday evening. Managed to find the other guys in the stone house after trying for ages to get a signal on the phone. Serious car issues ruled me out at the last minute.Sounds like everyone had a good time and I suspect a few sore heads this morning.
Will defo go next year as appartently there is a train that stops there that also stops about 5 mins from my front door so absolutely no excuses!

well, top weekend! Haven't go time to say much now except great to put faces to familiar names...

course was great this year, plenty of water, mud and rain, but at least it was relatively mild.

a few quotes and stories, in more detail later...

The pound coin story (I can't look at one now in quite the same way wondering what its story might have been... :shock: )

Mr Rigid

"Nothing better in an afternoon than a tepid brussel sprout" (ededwards)

Mechanicals, injuries, tales of derring do in the solitary mists of the bleak moor.

Was hesitant personally to ride singlespeed but actually it worked out really well - will certainly do next year.

Jerky - sorry we seemed not to see you much this weekend - hope you had a good time.

Photos to follow.

Same time next year boys?

Yeah paths crossed on odd ocaisions but tbh ended up hanging around with my mates who came with me. Really enjoyed the weekend, the mud was fantastic fun!

I think I only had one spill, a rather effective sideways face plant into the biggest sloppiest patch of mud on the whole ride...was so close to powering through but made too many adjustments to avoid people putting feet down in the mess and ended up running out of steam and or balance.

Will deffo be going back next year, same goes for the guys with me.

The band at the pub with the beer tent out back made for an excellent after party, great atmosphere in there.

Sorry I didnt meet that many of you, i'll do better next time!

...maybe i'll even bring a propper bike :)

2 showers later and im still finding mud in my hair.

The pound coin story (I can't look at one now in quite the same way wondering what its story might have been... Shocked )

haha, have you managed to pick the one up out of the boot of your car yet?? just give it a quick rinse and i'm sure it'll be good enough to put in your mouth... :shock:

Have you got chance to put up any of your photos yet Orange71?

The mighty line up

L-R: ?, ?, Andy, Dave (Daj), Jon (Ziggy), Ed (ededwards), Mark (Pfennig), Geoff, Dale, Andy plus me behind camera!

pb151112mediumss7.jpg

Water-of-life bottle :D

pb151111mediumqe2.jpg

The mass start - stop f*$£ing wittering and let us get started!!! :evil:

pb151113mediumve3.jpg

High speed Ed

pb151115mediumux9.jpg

Proper retro gear :shock:

pb151121mediumnh8.jpg

conditions were...er, damp :shock:

pb151122mediumig6.jpg

and now the mint sauce shot...

pb151123mediumte2.jpg

One of the drier trails we followed :shock:

pb151126mediumti7.jpg

Geoff... you scare me :shock:

pb151127mediumka6.jpg

the same slippers you were wearing in the pub on saturday night???

Lunch was good, had myself a good Yorkshire pudding. The fight to stay awake afterwards when I was sitting next to the fire was a struggle tho

looking at that water i feel the need to build a large boat and stuff it with animals..........being gq chairman (of sorts) i would rather ride a huffy then ride in those conditions....looked fun tho.... :p

Should mention retro bikes represented:

Orange P7 (singlespeed) - ededwards
Orange C16R - Pfennig
Saracen Kili Flyer (singlespeed) - Orange71
DB Axis (singlespeed) - Geoff
Marin ?Bear Valley - Andy B
Trek ?970 - Dale
Proflex 856 - Ziggy

Back