retro isle of wight ride 7th of december

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
had a few comments back regarding some of the rides i have been on recently and did i want to go for a ride and times, dates etc so i thought why not the possibility of an Isle of Wight ride.

was thinking the 7th of december, a sunday. say about a 930am ish ferry if we want a lunch stop (ferry takes about 35-40 minutes)

the ride being initially from lymington ferry terminal, day crossing is about 11 quid. pick up the coastal route towards headon warren and then alum bay up and over to freshwater and then up on to the golf course :D at this point about 11 miles those with time constraints could take a short cut back to the ferry if needed, for the rest we can carry on over the golf course and keep going eventually stopping at the red shoot inn for munchies maybe? then return via a similar route back towards freshwater and down the causeway back to the ferry, and possibly a quick apres ride pint in salties, a small pub while waiting for the ferry! i reckon that about 25 miles all in and it's quite an up and down route, you'll need good brakes for this ride and i wouldn't bring a single speed, you'll kill your knees!

any takers? :D retro rides preffered but not essential! ride what you want! helmets recommended!

please note this will not be a super fast training ride! i'm not slow but i'm far from quick!! :LOL:

i'll post a few recent pics so you can get an idea of the terrain, nothing to technical but steep in paces, terrain varies from some tarmac but not alot, gravel tracks, bridleways, grass, chalky tracks and of course some mud! :D

go on you know you want to!!! :D :D

here's a few pics to tempt you!! :D

Attachments

• iow resize2.jpg
    iow resize2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,189
  • iow resize4.jpg
    iow resize4.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,189
  • iow resize5.jpg
    iow resize5.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,189
  • iow ride 007resize.jpg
    iow ride 007resize.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,189
a few more! :D

Attachments

• iow ride 014resize.jpg
    iow ride 014resize.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 2,187
  • iow ride 015resize.jpg
    iow ride 015resize.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,187
  • nightride on iow 002resize.jpg
    nightride on iow 002resize.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,187
have done a facebook group thing and let some friends know from a group called bikedoggs that i know aswell, hopefully get a good turn out. those guys don't ride retro but they ride so that is the main thing!! :D

There is no chance of me being able to do this one JB, but if you do another in March/April time I will make the trip.....maybe a weekender as Southampton is a 4-5hr drive for me :shock:

they'll definately be one in april, it's my bday then and i have one of my shifted sections of 18 days off!! :D :D :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :D :D

JB,

how much is it to leave your car at Lymington?

I ask as it's a ridiculously expensive crossing if you take the car.

Might come to this one.

there is a carpark and it is pretty expensive, i think it is 4 quid for 8 hours and 2.40 for 4 hours, but that is from memory, but the riding is straight from the ferry so you won't need to take the car across anyway, that would cost about £45!!

Back