Sussex South Downs Ride - Devils Dyke - *THIS COMING SUNDAY*

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok, following on from Warped Boy's idea to use the weekend of teh 13th Dec to do a stretch of the SDW (South Downs Way), we've all got together and made a plan.

It may prove a bit hard to get a group of luddites on old contraptions that far along the SDW in the wintery daylight hours of a Sat in Dec and ideally would be a loop so train/ car people can get back home easily, so it's been changed a bit to start and finish at Devil's Dyke.

A nice loop including stunning scenery and views across Sussex. Great chalky rolling hills. Lovely singletrack sections through the woodlands dotted in and about the route. A fantastic tea shop half way round. Good access by car and train.

Come and ride Mint Sauce Country with us.

Date to be confirmed as we'll see how many of you would prefer the Sat or Sun. I would say that the trains will be more regular on the Sat I'd imagine. But Brighton's usually got a reliable London service most weekends.

Reckon it's about a 20mile loop. Could be more, could be less. Nice pace, so no worrying about getting left behind.

Meeting here:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x ... &ay=109675

Say 9.30am for a 10am depart.

Ok,

looks like it's Sunday 14th Dec.

And so far it's:

StevePSD
KleinMadChris
Wu-Tangled
The Green Rabbit
Warped Boy 2
MadCowKev
Kingroon
Matt Brown
I Believe in Fixies
TheSalvageTech
Mettler
Brian555
Mazdaman
Heathy?
Hilts?

:D

:LOL: it's better than the google map that had the link as a map of the uk as a whole. :LOL:

It's at the Devil's Dyke Pub bascially.

oh and my rear mech is now fixed, bought some fancy alloy jockey wheels, and the bolts have been tightened up

Count me in too Gus.. Sunday rocks..

Oh hang on, there's not an hour change that weekend is there? :roll: :LOL:

Back