Hairy Coo Aftermath...

The Ken

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hairy Coo is over MiniKen managed 1 lap in 1hr 22min - A lot of walking for him - up and downhill - I may have put him off racing for life :(

A mix of killer climbs and cliff like mud and rock tight single track descents (made worse by the previous nights rain) was too much to handle.

He fell off into brambles and refused an 8 inch deep river crossing (that's deep for 20inch wheels) "I'm no doing that!"

We even saw a few full sussers carrying their bikes down some of the slopes.

Still he finished a lap and I was proud of him trying.

And he did get his first post race buzz, and his first race number, maybe next year.

How did Kaiser and Gaz get on? Did you do your 4 laps?

Attachments

• Coo1.jpg
    Coo1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 2,235
pics:

Attachments

• coo2.jpg
    coo2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 2,227
  • coo3.jpg
    coo3.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 2,227
  • coo4.jpg
    coo4.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,227
  • coo5.jpg
    coo5.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 2,227
Those are great pics Ken cheers for posting.

Know what you mean about the course, I did a fair bit of walking with the bike and decided that after 2 laps and no bones broken that it was time to quit. I was really amazed at how slow I was, it took me 1 hr 30 mins to do the 2 laps :(

Think I will need a good bit more training and bigger gongs if I am going to complete this next year albeit I think they are talking about making it a bit easier?

Me and Kaiser did have a great offroad ride after the race, down to comrie and back just to unwind. It was a lazy, sunshine-dappled ride skirting the river, a few steady climbs thru the woods, stopping only to pick up conkers and some really nice,smooth, fast singletrack decents- the kind of trails my old body can cope with. Mini ken would have loved it.

Looking forward to the next macretro meet.......

2 Falls on the first lap left me the decision to plough on and most likely injure myself or someone else or quit. Knowing I wouldn't complete the 4 I pulled out then. :( reckon if there had been some reward for the climb I would have carried on, nice bit of flowy downhill with some technical obstacles thrown in. But it was just a couple of levels above my standard. Its good that its tough though, completing, never mind a good time is kudos enough.

I'm glad it wasn't just me then. I'd still like to visit the area for a leisure ride, the scenery was stunning.

Why has everyone got such high race numbers, it makes you think there were at least a 1000 contestants, but the race photo does not give that impression :shock:

Well done everyone, i probably would not have completed even one lap by the sound of things. maybe next year ;)

There was about 1000 folk turned up but only the above folks were stupid enough to take part once everyone walked the course in the morning ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Posted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:02 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the last picture is gazz saying "Hey it's no retro unless the stem's at least this long right!"?

:LOL: :LOL:

Actually I was telling kaiser the dimentions of my dream pork pie.

Back