Hertfordshire?

Boothy

Retro Guru
Easy,

Anyone around here know of decent trails in Hertfordshire? I feel like the bike isn't getting the hammering it deserves on the cycle tracks.

Any meets or riders in an around Hertfordshire get in touch.

You can meet us up at Chicksands most Thursday evenings - see seperate thread in rides section.

BTW I used to ride out with the Marshalls Cycles crowd out of Stevenage, there are loads of bridleways over that way, Hertfordshire is very well endowed with bridleways compared to many other counties, dig out an OS map and go explore.

A kind offer indeed, I may well join you guys one of the days soon, not tonight as I'm already tied up (oh er!). What does Chicksands have to offer an unfit, untrained, 10 years out of the woods, cyclist?

I bought an O.S of my surrounding area (St Albans) a while ago, I've found some quality bridleways and lanes but fancy something a tad more off piste.

I'll drop you guys a message when I'm coming to chicksands, I assume it's an easy train from St Albans to Arlesey.

Cheers,

Catch you later.

Boothy":1n7s222w said:
What does Chicksands have to offer an unfit, untrained, 10 years out of the woods, cyclist?

That fits my description perfectly and I go every week :LOL:

It's a pukka bike park http://www.chicksandsbikepark.co.uk/ and is small but perfectly formed....there's a few miles of nice twisty singletrack through open woodland, closely planted trees and the invevitable/obligatory ferns and stingers. There's North Shore, Freeride, bombholes, 4X, Dual Slalom, trials......everything really :D

Come up dude :)

Neill

I've got a couple of decent loops around Royston.

Join us at Chicksands though, it's great fun.

Back