Retrobike peaks meet 2008 - aftermath thread

MJN

Senior Retro Guru
Had to leave at lunch stop(unreliable babysitters,grr)but weather had been fine,still got wet from standing water but really enjoyable ride,even rode some stuff I've not done in at least 10years,really was retro!

Surprisingly dry (rainwise that is) and very enjoyable except for the climbs (lots), the large puddles/small lakes (lots), the gnarly descents running with water (several) and the saddle sniffing/licking sheep. Despite all this I look forward to next year :LOL:

Seriously though it was good fun and great to meet other members in the flesh. Top marks to Mr K for organising it. I admit I chickened out after the Edale cafe and took an early bath (straight down the road) - but I know my limitations and I'd reached them.

I hope the Northumberland lads (and anyone else who may be similarly affected) get home OK and that all is well with their homes.

I think everyone will agree that it was 'a grand day out'.

nw meet in the peaks

Smashing day, lunch in the sun . Home town flooded and on the news headlines .Thankfully I live on the 'up' bit of town, home safe after diversions. Nice to meet and ride with you all well worth the trek and ta to P20 for the lift down.

All the very best to anyone affected by all the rain and please stay safe, possessions ain't worth risking a life

Would have loved to be up there for the get together, but my daughter had one of her Uni open days and a 260 mile round trip to Guildford.
Done the LSE, just Bath,York and Warwick left now

Might take the bike to one of these , she wanders off on her own once we get there and might as well make the most of it

Great day. I think we had around 23 in total, not including those to who turned up at the start for the banter. Great route, with escape options to bail if required. The ground was soaking wet, but it only rained briefly, so the jackets didn't have to come out :LOL:

Photos are uploading to Flickr (i took around 90 odd pics) right now, here's one to keep you going for now:

2835244197_3c4f3f0675_b.jpg

Here's a couple more

2836243982_35ef6e9fbc_b.jpg

Annoyingly photoshop wouldn't stitch the 1st photo on so there are some people/bikes cut off that one :evil:

Great views

2835401791_8616d440e1_b.jpg

I'll save the rest until the official thread starts ;)

Amazing day out guys, really enjoyed it :D

Great to see so many new faces :shock:

Home now, bike washed and lubed up again (chain had gone rusty!). Looking forward to pics :LOL:

Glad JV kept his anal crown! :LOL:

Back