Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:23 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:07 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

THREAD SEPARATE FROM THE MAIN SHENANIGAN THREAD TO DISCUSS CUSTOM JERSEYS... OR NOT...

Race jerseys?

Am I still designing and ordering them? I mentioned a few months ago I'd look at something towards the end of the year - well, it's the end of the year. So perhaps we get the ideas phase underway before New Year, allow another month or so for design finalisation, then a further month to get the order and payments in - that is, by end of March 2019. Or pre-Brexit, if that even happens.

Not going to be a free-for-all in terms of designs, but I'm hoping for a sensible debate on establishing criteria for what it 'should' have as in colour/s, particular logos (RetroBike obviously), any sponsors (?) or a cartoon sheep, etc...

Then I can mock up a couple of designs and those who want to order one, can.

Some key pointers should there be any demand to go ahead:

I won't make anything but I might ask for a contribution to designing multiple different styles.

Pricing will be set based on an assumed minimum order quantity - if discounts for bulk orders can be achieved en masse, then a beer kitty will be formed from any surplus. The aim at current economics is for a maximum cost per jersey of £42.00 each. That's for sizes XS to XXL. For 3XL - 5XL it's +10% per jersey. For 6XL it's +30%. 3 elasticated pockets to rear is free. A zip on the pockets is + £1.80. Silicone band around waist is +£2.50.*

My manufacturer is based in Britain. So by ordering we are contributing to the economy.

Prices are the same for all styles: i.e. Long Sleeve or Short, full zip or 1/4 zip.

Personalisation is free (i.e. your name on the back, if desired)

Postage will not be charged onto individuals but the cost of shipping all the jerseys to me will be factored in somehow (or £15 of diesel for me to collect = £14.40 for courier deliveryso no difference really), but can be shipped wherever at cost: currently it's about £5,00 including a postal bag to UK address via Royal Mail. Plan is that I'll bring all the jerseys to MM with me on the Thursday night/Friday morning and distribute in person.

Get your thinking caps on chaps.

* edit: Asterisk denotes prices subject to there still being an economy or a currency or anyone being able to afford anything post Brexit :lol: :facepalm:

EDIT 2: JUST ONE MAJOR POINT TO NOTE

Currently the company does not make children's sizes in race jerseys.

Adult XS is as small as it goes.

But the design COULD be amended to order kids' jerseys from another retailer, however the price is likely to be considerably more. If there's a real need for a kids' sizes I'm happy to explore that option separately.

Last edited by regan_ev on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Just to whet appetites and show off my capabilities, here's one I made earlier... 8)

If a job's worth doing it's worth doing right!
Attachment:
ss 1-4 front 500px.png
ss 1-4 front 500px.png [ 493.99 KiB | Viewed 171 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:22 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
Big thumbs up from me

There was talk of having a Star Wars esq style T-shirt theme with ‘Return of Mayhem’ in the same iconic font style as the open titles..... in a Galaxy far far away

Would be nice if we could have something iconic but copywrite could be an issue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:25 pm 
Retro Guru

I will most likely be wanting to buy one, but I'm unable to offer input for design ideas. I'm just not very creative.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:25 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Retro Spud wrote:
Big thumbs up from me

There was talk of having a Star Wars esq style T-shirt theme with ‘Return of Mayhem’ in the same iconic font style as the open titles..... in a Galaxy far far away

Would be nice if we could have something iconic but copyright could be an issue

Excellent start Nick!

It's okay, I'll lawyer up if Disney comes knocking... (I'm well versed in the ins and outs of trademarks and copyrights legislation, we have nothing to worry about, trust me!)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:27 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

james1985 wrote:
I will most likely be wanting to buy one, but I'm unable to offer input for design ideas. I'm just not very creative.

That's fine, but input can come in the form of

"yuk that;s disgusting I wouldn't be seen dead in that"

or

"yes, I'll take that in a pyjamas set too please I want to wear it to bed"

:xmas-big-grin:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:32 pm 
Retro Guru

I think if it's a one design for all then best steer clear of sponsorship type logos just because, your shimano might clash with my suntour type thing.

Maybe keep it simple, rb logos on the main and personalise the rear or arm with name / forum handle?

Well up for this, if most / all are wearing kit it makes us a prominent player in the field. I'm more than happy to wear my own kit (have a sintesi top for riding the sintesi, kona for the kona etc) but team kit works too.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:36 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

RickTheUncivil wrote:
I think if it's a one design for all then best steer clear of sponsorship type logos just because, your shimano might clash with my suntour type thing.

Maybe keep it simple, rb logos on the main and personalise the rear or arm with name / forum handle?

Well up for this, if most / all are wearing kit it makes us a prominent player in the field. I'm more than happy to wear my own kit (have a sintesi top for riding the sintesi, kona for the kona etc) but team kit works too.

Good points Rick but I really want to design a jersey that looks like the garment equivalent of a Ralwigh Activator with every single free MBUK sticker ever... a bit like Trigger's Broom but in jersey form....

Although, perhaps THM can have that one just for himself! :D :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 pm 
Retro Guru

Brilliant Regan. I'm in for one or two.
Nick's idea of "return to mayhem" is great.
I can't wok it on this phone but this sort of font with the words stacked Fading to the horizon.

Attachments:
Return to mayhem.png
Return to mayhem.png [ 5.09 KiB | Viewed 155 times ]

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:43 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Gerard wrote:
Brilliant Regan. I'm in for one or two.
Nick's idea of "return to mayhem" is great.
I can't wok it on this phone but this sort of font with the words stacked Fading to the horizon.

Hi Gerard,

Agreed! And I can make that look like George Lucas designed it, not a problem! Appreciate the effort using a phone - 10/10!

My only reservation would be in wearing a black jersey if it's hot weather. But maybe a collage of some sort can work with a black "space" section or a band around the midriff to encapsulate RETURN TO MAYHEM.