Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:04 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Following many RBers' donations and Retro Spud's tremendous efforts on securing the paid-for pitches numbers 1 through 9, and the various plans many of us each have, and with Andy's Intruder providing the main convivial hub and catering HQ, I figured that I'd try to draw up what the space 'could' look like. This allows us all to get an idea of how much actual space there is, and for the first-on-site to get jiggy with the cordon tape so that we all get parked and tents pitched in one big area and nobody is left out, whether arriving first thing Friday morning, last thing Friday night or at some time Saturday morning.

So I asked a few people what specific vehicles they're bringing and drew some of those at scale and plotted onto a virtual site. I think things could well fill up quite quickly and we really need to get organised to make best use of the paid-for space, arrange all our vehicles in a sensible and organised fashion so that nobody is left out or parked up 1/4 mile from RB central.

So, here's what I drafted.

Let me know your thoughts. If anyone has a bright idea on how to organise the parking and camping to best effect, let's hear it in this thread.

Keep it sensible please as this is important!

Cheers
Reg

Click to view a screen video of the plan:
https://youtu.be/xs3J63A0uck

Pic. See how much room a car or a Transporter van plus a gazebo or tents takes up in a 10m x 10m pitch.

For 50 riders and potentially 50 vehicles, minimum, we deffo need a plan.

I'll happily take the time to render your car/van/bus/camper/tent/whatever and play with the arrangement to get some idea how we're going to fit or how much of Site A we are going to need if required.

I'm not trying to dictate to anyone how or where to park, but £270 has been splashed out on those pay per pitch, so let's use it wisely.

Regarding the allocation of space for the paid-for pitches, I think a wider discussion is needed on how to organise and who gets to go in there. Not everyone donated to the fund for the paid-for pitches and I think those people should be involved in the say on who goes in there.

The vehciles in those pitches on my first diagrams are purely for illustration and to highlight the size - or lack of - the space therein.

Retro Spud, Andy (any123), Longun, LGF and THM need the first say-so on how those 1-9 pitches are used up as it was their idea and/or they're the main organisers and entertainment providers of the whole Camp Retrobates. I mean, Camp Retrobikers!

eg.
• Andy's Intruder and catering area is the starting point, top of the #1 plot
• Then there's some sort of area needed for a show/display area and for more security with that being close to or next to the Intruder
• Then LGF's Fruit & Nut Disco within the Retrobike gazebo, including tables for beer serving or similar
Then THM's teepee of love with perhaps generator for the Blackpool Illuminations at Mayhem
Maybe a trials/stunt.race area with some cones or ramps for us to entertain ourselves? Then the main brace of vehicles further down to the end of pitch #9 marking the end of camp RB zone and separating us from the masses.

Let's discuss and plan as a group. I'm just providing diagrams and ideas.

AN UPDATED DIAGRAM WITH MORE VEHICLES ADDED will be posted later to further see how the space is being used up.

Cheers

Attachment:
The attachment MM RB site plan.jpg is no longer available

Attachments:
MM RB site plan.jpg
MM RB site plan.jpg [ 339.37 KiB | Viewed 178 times ]

Last edited by regan_ev on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:10 pm 
Retro Guru

It says Page doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:19 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Hotwheels. wrote:
It says Page doesn't exist.

Sorry! New to uploading/sharing videos. Vimeo wanted money so I've switched to a YouTube link now. Fingers crossed...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:32 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Pic. See how much room a car or a Transporter van plus a gazebo or tents takes up in a 10m x 10m pitch.

For 50 riders and potentially 50 vehicles, minimum, we deffo need a plan.

I'll happily take the time to render your car/van/bus/camper/tent/whatever and play with the arrangement to get some idea how we're going to fit or how much of Site A we are going to need if required.

I'm not trying to dictate to anyone how or where to park, but £270 has been splashed out on those pay per pitch, so let's use it wisely.

Cheers

Attachment:
MM RB site plan.jpg
MM RB site plan.jpg [ 339.37 KiB | Viewed 254 times ]

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:15 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Hey Regan, i'll be there early Friday as only 10 miles away,can i have a spot on the second row like Longun please :)

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:21 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Gruff wrote:
Hey Regan, i'll be there early Friday as only 10 miles away,can i have a spot on the second row like Longun please :)

Hi mate,

I am not making a plan of who goes where, just a plan of what COULD go in. What are you bringing? I'll scale it up and draw it on.

If everyone who's coming tells me what vehicle they're coming in, what size tent and other equipment, I can plot it all to see how it MIGHT fit.

FOr example, letmetalktomark has asked for a space to be kept, but until we know how much space we all need - IF we all want to be in together - how can anyone know where to put Mark or whether some other random MMer is going to get all plshed off by Retrobike taking up a hectare of land for all the gang?

It's going to get messy unless a plan is formulated and adopted.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:45 am 
Retro Guru

Ill be bringing a toyota avensis estate and a big tent, 8x3ish

Plan is I'll set up shop just behind the paid pitches, probably somewhere around the corner of fields A and C

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:13 am 

RickTheUncivil wrote:
Ill be bringing a toyota avensis estate and a big tent, 8x3ish

Plan is I'll set up shop just behind the paid pitches, probably somewhere around the corner of fields A and C

Have you just gone metric on RetroBike or do we have different ideas on what constitutes a 'large' tent*? :lol:

We'll have pretty much the same set up - 7x4metre tent, estate car - plus an extra small car and small 2-man tent. Will aim to camp near Rick and sabotage him with my snoring 8)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 am 

* “call that a large erection?!“
Etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:42 am 
Retro Guru

Pop me next to Longun as we are both doing solo. I've got a medium size 3 man tent (no idea on measurements, sorry), Nissan Almera and will probably be bringing 4 bikes.
Plan on leaving Poole 9ish on Friday morning so should be there mid afternoon.