PEAKS SWIM on SATURDAY INFO DESK - ONE DAY AND COUNTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Let's tie up the loose ends on who's coming and who's staying over/riding Sunday.... tell us what you're planning to ride too...

Capt K

Latest list (please update me either way!) of foul weather/doughty riders:

Capt K + 1
Neill
EdEdwards
Chissylou OUT
JV + 1
Jango
Gonzalez
Stavros OUT
Defiant
Heathy
KleinMad
Pickle
SpeshMike OUT
Sinnett
Old Ned
Retroking Max
mjn
longun
cjax
reanimation
longboard si
gump
nobby OUT
tommylurve
nayfinesse
pace
simon75
dr s OUT
P20
Reanimation
Slinky DJ ??

Latest route information - now tweaked!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 2f3b3&z=12

Planned itinerary:

10.00 bacon butties at Woodbine Cafe
10.30 Official Captain's car boot meet and greet
10.30-10.55 Mildly stressful final fettling/snappy with mates etc.
11.00 Official start
11.12 Late riders sheepishly show up...
11.15 We get going!
11.21 First mechanical predicted
11.33 10+ riders have to go for a pee
2.00-2.45 Expected lunch break
5.00+ Expected return to Woodbine Cafe
7.30pm Beers and eats now up the road a bit - better ambience and menu!
8.45pm Awards
9.00pm Retrobike Second Annual pub quiz

Intermittent showings of Fairfax Pat's Repack Run DVD - especially recorded for you!

Accommodation info here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36372

Events:

Please note that there will be a 'King of the Mountains' competition and prize, centred around a nadgery if not gnarly climb in Pindale Quarry. Based on a longest drive golf competition, each rider tries the ascent, stopping where they first dab and waiting for the next rider to try and beat their achievement. This happens about an hour into the ride, so you'll all be warm enough by then... ;)

There will be other awards or prizes for a number of inevitable events and mishaps that will occur during the day, namely:

> The Hilts Trophy for the Majorest Mechanical
> The Lantern Rouge Trophy for Worst Ride of the Day - voted secretly by all participating riders
> The Best Turned Out RetroBike and Rider Award - again voted by the riders
> The 'Own the Hill' Award for best overall effort shown on the grinds - Captain's discretion (in consultation with EdEdwards)

- and of course, the biggy - the second Annual Retrobike Pub Quiz - can JV hang on to his anal crown for another year?

Anyone who wants/needs my mobile - just PM me (especially those habitually late or people who get lost easy!)

Retrobike Disclaimer
(blah, blah):

Remember this is a 'friends invitational ride' - not a club or group organised event. By joining us for the ride you must be prepared to look after yourself, ride within your limits and always wear a helmet.

Think that's it - fingers crossed for the weather... yeah, right...

'Justice is a concept; muscle is the reality' - Stuart Hall

Attachments

• Hollins Cross approach from Mam Tor.jpg
    Hollins Cross approach from Mam Tor.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2,181
  • Woodbine Cafe Retrobikers HQ.jpg
    Woodbine Cafe Retrobikers HQ.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,181
  • water rats.jpg
    water rats.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,869
Speshmike is out :(

I'm planning on bringing the Tempest if I can get it built. Picking up the frame tomorrow, got the bar/post/shifters, but no signs of the chainset and mechs as yet :roll:

If I cant get it built, 99% sure I'll air the LTS ;)

Family Pickle arriving Friday night, staying Saturday night but I wont be riding Sunday.

I'm bringing the Scott rigid but, after seeing a comment about mud - and hearing that next week will be wet - should I stick with the Ground Control/Pyscho tyre combination currently fitted or change to my 1.5" Hardpacks?

I love that approach to Hollins cross... nice view and interesting bumpety bump bump da bump type of trail. My kidneys always hurt for some reason here :? :LOL:

Will be the Fat Buck, with just general purpose tyres. Mud tyres are so bad on anything but, that unless its MM, I prefer to stay on do it alls :)

ill be bringing the kona and my sorry arse,ill just stay till late and go home in the evening

I'll be there riding my alpinestars cro-mega XT modern build. I'll probably be up until 4 that morning building it, but i'll be there I promise. I'll also be promoting the fluro look with my period alpinestars outfit. I cannot wait but have a tough week at work to get through first.

Tyred and emotional

Max and I are trundling some of the route tomorrow - tyre recommendations to follow...

Capt K

Re: Tyred and emotional

mrkawasaki":3b3pjeof said:
Max and I are trundling some of the route tomorrow - tyre recommendations to follow...

Capt K

AS long as it's porc's Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back