Peak District bivvy/camp June 23/24 POTENTIALLY BACK ON

LongboardSi

Senior Retro Guru
Would anyone be interested in an overnighter in the Dark Peak on the weekend of the 23/24th?

Thinking of one night, (or possibly even two) lightweight bike-packing trip, and rack up a few miles in between café/pub stops for food, so we can keep gear to a minimum. I have a spot in mind in the Ladybower area, that I'm sure would be fine if we turned up late, and would set up well for a ride over cut gate down to breakfast in the café at Langsett. Getting an early start, and midsummer daylight hours could mean the chance to rack up a fair few more miles than the usual peaks rides, while still keeping a relatively relaxed pace.

could either put a few miles in on Friday evening, then finish Saturday, do a two nighter, or just start on Saturday.

If there's any interesest (and I can actually make it :roll: ) then we can work out more of a plan depending on availability.

Si F

Re:

Theoretically very keen, have to get stuck into the calendar a bit and try to make it work...

Re: Possible Peak District overnighter in June?

How is anyone looking for this? 23/24th works for me.

I reckon if we meet up early afternoon Saturday, that allows for a few hours riding then a pub dinner, followed by a bit more of a ride to an the overnight spot

Sunday morning - up early and head to Langsett Café over Cut-Gate for Breakfast, but it doesn't open until 9am, so not too early. Options from there, depending on how far people want to go, and how off-road they want to make it.

Si F

Re: Re:

LongboardSi":2tb36r6z said:
Think I’m going to sack this off, especially given the clash with Joe’s weekend. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=381296
Unless anyone is desperate to be bitten by Derbyshire midges instead of welsh ones.

Hope that means you'll be in Wales...?

Unfortunate how these worked out, I guess this time of year is always hectic :( Definitely be up for a reschedule though, early September perhaps?

Re: Peak District overnighter June 23/24

Bit more awkward, but hopefully I can make arrangements to be there...

Re:

It's only a few days before we leave for Australia so possibly 'logistically complex' here too, fingers crossed though!

Back