ride a classic weekender 26-28 may 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
We've jumped alongside KORC Sport MTB and my local cycling group to host a weekender dedicated to cycling. Well, riding bikes around private land on around 5-7 miles of trails. the ride a classic is a chance to ride your retro bikes, show them and race them if you wish on the sunday.

Camping is very basic. A field, hopefully a water bowser and small tiolet block. Across the road is the 4x4 centre with cafe, tiolets and shower to use if your happy to walk over, but be prepared as there is a 4x4 weekender happening at the same time so dont expect everything to stay 100% clean for all weekend.

We may need some volenteers for race marshalling on the sundays xc races. basic mass start, cats for male, female, youth and maybe retro, that will be sorted on the day depending on numbers.

tickets/wrist bands can be bought when they arrive to save a little time

Ill add as i go along but very excited about it and i'd like this to turn into something bigger with time

ta

Attachments

• My Post(1).jpg
    My Post(1).jpg
    846 KB · Views: 3,039
:cool: what does ride a classic involve? is it just riding in the races or is there a seperate event to race the retro's?

-private land with a marked trail, much like a trail centre but with just riders, no general public walking around.
- oppotunity to show your bikes, of all ages to everyone who turns up. there will be plenty of modern riders as well, and from those ive worked with before have lots of interest in the older bikes
- if there is enough interest in racing Gavin from Cycle Scunthorpe may have a retro class for the xc racing, which at the minute sounds like an old school mass start and 1st, 2nd, 3rd given a token prize of something cool, just on sunday though
- its more of an excuse to use private trails, chill out and talk bikes, drink some ale, sleep rough for a few days and make some memories

And if i can make it i will be up for some marshalling on the sunday as i doubt i will be fit enough to race :LOL:

- ill hold you to that haha, cheers

Mark

is there plenty of parking too?

large field to camp in and off camp site parking for day trippers, although i need to move some moist material to make access a tad more effiecient as winters not done us any favours. pics to follow after this weekends dig day

Do you want my long jump ramp? (if it's still structurally sound - been under my garage in a kind of cellar type bit for a good few years)

LongboardSi":1ma3r6gi said:
Do you want my long jump ramp? (if it's still structurally sound - been under my garage in a kind of cellar type bit for a good few years)

Brilliant, I'm game and you know Longun will be! Need to position it just in front of the fire... :LOL:

Also, your garage has a cellar?!? I'd kill just for the garage, let alone a cellar...

Re:

Top right photo shows ICONOCLASSIC, which has never been held in Norton in Lindsey.

Presumably you asked the organiser if it was OK to use photos of their event to promote your own?

:roll:

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":3fzp67mu said:
Top right photo shows ICONOCLASSIC, which has never been held in Norton in Lindsey.

Presumably you asked the organiser if it was OK to use photos of their event to promote your own?

its my photo buddy ;)

elPedro666":94ddhzk8 said:
LongboardSi":94ddhzk8 said:

Brilliant, I'm game and you know Longun will be! Need to position it just in front of the fire... :LOL:

Also, your garage has a cellar?!? I'd kill just for the garage, let alone a cellar...

Not exactly a cellar as such - more of bit of half-height space underneath as the garden is about 1.5 below the level of the road you access the garage from. The down side of the sunken garden is it fills with water quite badly at times, and never has any wind, so washing just doesn't dry unless it's about 25 degrees or above.

Re: Re:

longun":xm2ysbyk said:
BoyBurning":xm2ysbyk said:

its my photo buddy ;)

Not the point - you're showing another event, and implying it's a photo from your own.

It's like taking a photo at Le Mans, and using it to advertise and promote a street race in Gloucester.

theyre my bikes taken by me, although yes they are at a different event. legally there is no issue as i have checked.

if it had "iconoclassic" anywhere in the my image i would not have used it out of respect for you and what you did.

instead of whining, get behind it and come and ride

dont take this personally as i think your a stella guy.

Edited due to me being unprofessional and rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back