Glentress 7 - 2018

velomaniac":21wrwb6h said:
MacRetro are getting on board with this idea if any wants to join us in this fun event !

Looks ace, what are your plans for camping and suchlike, doesn't look like there's any on site from a quick search of the website?

I bet if I look you've got a thread running in your area group ... brace for a southern invasion (not a euphemism)!

Couple of miles from Glentress (GT) is Peebles with two campsites for tents/caravans/motorhomes with statics aswell and more B&B's/Hotels than you could want. At GT are Glamping Pods and a Hotel, there are bunkhouses in the area and down the valley beyond GT lies Innerleithen (Inners) with more Hotels and Campsite plus its on MTB Trails. Numerous food options for every budget and plenty good pubs. You can cycle to GT from Peebles via dedicated cycle paths are slog up the infamous Janets Brae forest road to right slap bang in the middle of GT's Trails by the upper car park.
Although GT is retrobike rideable even on a rigid, most folk agree a hardtail is better as you need a wee bit front bounce to deal with the rocks and roots. Also looks like some of the trail for the event is only opened up for riding at events. I know a lot of the off piste stuff but every once in a while I ride something new and thus going equipped for surprises seems sensible.
Hope to see some of you southern guys signing up and joining in !

Re:

Camped at Peebles a couple of times, is it Rosetta with the bar in the castle keep...? Was more thinking of being in the same place as everyone on Saturday night for the inevitable... Sounds like folks may be a bit spread out though.

Re:

I think it'll probably be meet up in a Peebles pub for a few jars maybe pre and probably post race :roll:

As its only a 7 hour event it does not lend itself to camping at event Mayhem style. Definitely lower key but who knows, Mays still 6 months off !

Rosetta does have a bar in a mock castle :)

nobby the sheep":g1lf0nny said:
You always stay up the road Pete at barony castle ,your lass will think she’s been treated like a princess

Does that make me the frog?!

Back