MacRetro Mugdock Meet.

awaycaboose

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hey guys, just putting out the feelers to see if anyone would be up for a ride starting in Milngavie and heading out along the west highland way. Either to the Glengoyne distillery and back, with some singletrack playtime in Mugdock and Drumclog moor or out and back to Balmaha.

The first option is around 16 miles for the main route with this rising depending on how much time is spent on the singletrack loops. I can check tonight with a friend who regularly does the Balmaha run as to distance for that one.

Start time would need to be quite early to avoid the large numbers of dog walkers, ramblers, families from Glasgow in inappropriate clothing and other assorted meanderthals. Date wise I'm thinking some time in September. Once I know what interest there is then we can firm up the finer details.

Oh, and obviously the longer Balmaha ride would require a stop for refreshments and a bite to eat which may sway some of you as to which you would prefer :).

Would love to join this expedition but alas I'm on my hols on 6th/7th September and 13th/14th September in East Sussex.

Sounds good though !!!!!!!!!

Cheers

velo

Okay guys distances are as follows. Mugdock to Glengoyne distillery loop: 16 miles, Mugdock to Balmaha loop: 32 miles. So two rather different distances, with the second one being more of a whole day out really. Anyway let me know what you all think and we'll take it from there.

Hey Caboose, both have a certain charm. I would be up for either.

I had a great day out last time, mind you a day ride would mean a visit to a local watering hole or two which would be very nice :D

I'll keep my eye on things but can't commit to much for the next few months. Ala this morning :roll:

Okay I'm thinking Sunday the 28th of September, meet at Milngavie train station 9.30 for 10.00 and doing the longer out and back ride (32 miles). I know that it's a long way off but it will give those amongst us who have kids or work commitments time to sort something out.

The start time means that we should be arriving in Balmaha round about lunchtime :D. The route isn't very technical nor particularly hilly but as long as we get good weather it'll be a nice day out.

I'm up for it provided I can get the monday off to recover, 32 mile off road is pretty steep for any ME sufferer :shock: , so you'll need a planned lay off period as well !

See you, maybe :D

Everyone still up for this trip? I can make it so we have at least one :D Will be good training for the hairy coo?

I'm still good to go, also I'm helping Ian sort out some stuff in his new kitchen this weekend so I'll have a word and see if he's up for it. Would be good to have someone along who know's where he's going :LOL:.

Back