Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:38 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:17 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Yeah, unfortunately I am away at sea for 3 weeks a month on average. I have a wife due to give birth in march, a bathroom to gut and rebuild before then, and some serious catching up to do with my own life!
Yeah last weekend in April is realisticly the soonest I can do... However if you guys are out every weekend I'll just drop you a line and tag along when I'm free if that's okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:13 pm 
Old School Grand Master

cchris2lou wrote:
so you would recommend the North downs for the retro meet ?

I used to live in leatherhead so know the area fairly well & love the masses of winding s.track there (seems to have a new trail built every few months!). its a 2hr 15min drive 1 way for me. if i'm driving that far I'm sure as hell gonna do a decent (non retro) ride when I get there :) (hell its no secret I love retro garage queens but ride modern, each to their own ;)

would it make a decent retro ride? yeh I reckon, tho you'd deffo need a local guide or someone who knows the area. although its only 30odd miles from the centre of london parts of the forest & forest lanes can be kinda disorientating. I'm happy to guide people around on the 14th jan, although.. er how can I say this nicely? it'll be a faster, less stop ride than the 1st cannock ride. I think we only lost 3 people there last ride a month back :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:34 am 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

scant wrote:
gump wrote:
wouldn't worry, Scants all talk :wink:

if gump comes then so will I. better still make it a welsh ride so I can really pi$$ all over ya gump ;)

:lol:

Amusing comments aside does anyone have a date for a quntocks ride. Could be a laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:37 am 
South West Deputy AEC
South West Deputy AEC

ASAP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:51 am 
Old School Grand Master

heathy wrote:
ASAP

stick legs mentioned "Last weekend in January anyone?". good for me as i'm already booked up till then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:54 am 
Old School Grand Master

Stick Legs wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately I am away at sea for 3 weeks a month on average. I have a wife due to give birth in march, a bathroom to gut and rebuild before then, and some serious catching up to do with my own life!
Yeah last weekend in April is realisticly the soonest I can do... However if you guys are out every weekend I'll just drop you a line and tag along when I'm free if that's okay.

busy guy! ok fair enuff, tho I realistically cant plan that far ahead as yet due to other commitments similiar to what you've already mentioned! Happy to rain check, go with the general consensus etc :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:11 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Oh! That was for a Welsh ride! :oops:

QUANTOCK MEET LAST WEEKEND IN JANUARY! :D

SUNDAY 28TH JANUARY. 11AM RAMSCOMBE.

M5 to Bridgwater, follow signs for A39 Minehead.
A39 for about 7 miles and then follow signs for Nether Stowey.
Ramscombe is sign posted once you get near. I will get a post code and scout some better directions before the event.

Last edited by Stick Legs on Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:21 am 
Old School Grand Master

Stick Legs wrote:
Oh! That was for a Welsh ride! :oops:

hahaha! :lol: seems to be a recuring theme this! people can make quantocks but not wales, even when wales is closer to them! :wink: :lol: (not refering to you stick legs)

after conversations my family are far from impressed with my being away every sunday from now until mid Jan IE 14th n.downs ride (including boxing day & my birthday) so I'll confirm quantocks closer to the time. (unless people want to make 27th the welsh ride? just a thought :wink: hey healthy is coming over for a welsh ride soon :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:37 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

scant wrote:

hahaha! :lol: seems to be a recuring theme this! people can make quantocks but not wales, even when wales is closer to them! :wink: :lol: (not refering to you stick legs)

Well be reassured that when I ride on the Quantocks I can at least see Wales! :wink: I'll be across the bridge soon, remind me, they only charge to leave Wales, not get in right? :lol:

April is a date my man. May even have a Pace running then too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:53 am 
Old School Grand Master

Stick Legs wrote:
scant wrote:

Well be reassured that when I ride on the Quantocks I can at least see Wales! :wink: I'll be across the bridge soon, remind me, they only charge to leave Wales, not get in right? LUCKILY THE OTHER WAY AROUND ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next