Anyone in/around the New Forest?

Ziggy

Senior Retro Guru
Just moved house, & I'm now on the East edge of the New Forest - I've yet to venture out for a ride, but I certainly will at the weekend! Anyone from the area on here? Any good routes?
Cheers! :)

you're only an hour away from our sort of regular sussex meets. keep an eye out for thise over the next couple of months.

:D

i'm towards lepe beach, bout 1/2 mile from the edge of the forest, there are some good trails but watch out for those pesky forest rangers, they hate you riding on anything but gravel tracks! :x

cyclexperience (01590 624204) is based in brockenhurst and they have a liitle pack of route maps, very basic but gives you a good way of finding your way around, some of them are a bit short or basic terrain but they have to be on legal trails to be published, but they do include pub stops!!!!! :D i'm sure that if you follow those routes you will see the proper trails!

isle of wight is good, much more up and down than the forest, i'm off there in a minute! :D :D

forgot, there is some good stuff in the direction of corfe castle, and don't forget the salisbury stuff, spambiking.co.uk good bunch they are.

Cheers :)

I'm not entirely new to the area - I've only come from Dorset, just don't know where to start with the forest! Blimmin annoying that we're not allowed to just go anywhere... :evil:

Don't think I'd survive the road ride, sorry! :LOL:

Not really the New Forest but there's an evening ride every Weds evening from Sandbanks ferry starting at 18:20. It's a cracking ride over the Purbecks with lots of hills and views. There's normally two groups, fast and very fast (compared to my normal pace). Much better than the NF.

Latest posts

Back