Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:27 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:01 am 
Sticker Master
Sticker Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:22 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: North Yorkshire
me and Mrs Gil will be half way up Pen y Gent, more than happy to be a fuel stop for you guys...

Sure you will all make it that far :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:49 am 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:12 pm
Posts: 5785
gil_m wrote:
me and Mrs Gil will be half way up Pen y Gent, more than happy to be a fuel stop for you guys...

Sure you will all make it that far :)


Cheers Gil. Are you planning to be at the start or maybe meet us for a pint on Sat night in Settle?

If any other local members want to meet up on Sat evening for a pub meal/beer let us know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:01 pm 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 7199
Location: Omnipresent
gil_m wrote:
me and Mrs Gil will be half way up Pen y Gent, more than happy to be a fuel stop for you guys...

Sure you will all make it that far :)


Gil, can you bring my RB decals with you and i'll stop and apply them there?


:wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:50 am 
Sticker Master
Sticker Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:22 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: North Yorkshire
Not sure what I am doing regarding being at the start...

Night be over the night before, or might come over for the day

Will need to check weather/work and see nearer the time

Can supply you with snacks, but don't know about wheel swaps :wink: [/i]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:38 am 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 7199
Location: Omnipresent
gil_m wrote:
Not sure what I am doing regarding being at the start... :wink: [/i]


It's ok, I can stop and apply decals mid race. I don't mind. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:19 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:12 pm
Posts: 5785
Start times have changed.

Everybody now starts at 0945 (instead of Vets at 0930 and Open at 1000) but now in waves dependant on anticipated race time from 'sub 3hrs30mins to 6hrs+'.

What do you reckon guys?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Dad's Army
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:41 am 
North Wales Deputy AEC
North Wales Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 am
Posts: 6218
You're all doomed... :-)

Mr K


Attachments:
Fraser.jpg
Fraser.jpg [ 10.66 KiB | Viewed 1093 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:37 pm 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 8145
Location: Hereford
MadCowKev wrote:
Start times have changed.

Everybody now starts at 0945 (instead of Vets at 0930 and Open at 1000) but now in waves dependant on anticipated race time from 'sub 3hrs30mins to 6hrs+'.

What do you reckon guys?


Well, I'm definitely in the 6 hours plus tailend Charlie group. Bit disappointed that I don't get the extra 30 minutes for being an old timer because I need all the advantages I can get.

Good pre race heckle Mr. K, hope to see you on the route to offer some pithy barbs that will drive us on to glory (or a DNF, whichever comes first).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:25 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:12 pm
Posts: 5785
ededwards wrote:
Good pre race heckle Mr. K, hope to see you on the route to offer some pithy barbs that will drive us on to glory (or a DNF, whichever comes first).


If hypothetically one of our team were to withdraw perhaps MrK would take their place......I believe he owns a cross bike :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:59 pm 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:03 pm
Posts: 8145
Location: Hereford
MadCowKev wrote:
ededwards wrote:
Good pre race heckle Mr. K, hope to see you on the route to offer some pithy barbs that will drive us on to glory (or a DNF, whichever comes first).


If hypothetically one of our team were to withdraw perhaps MrK would take their place......I believe he owns a cross bike :lol:


Top hypothetical idea although I'd describe his bike as more livid than cross.

I'll get my coat


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group