ICONOCLASSIC : 2016

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
Just a quick update on this years' show as we approach summer...

ICONOCLASSIC : 2016 will be on Sunday 21st August, and from here on in will be held consistently on the 3rd Sunday in August each year to keep things easy to remember.

I've confirmed details for the show with the council, and the format will be similar to last year with the new and improved show layout.

As per last year, as well as the pubs and restaurants surrounding the square, I'll be getting in some street food vendors and local breweries to keep us all happy through the day... :cool:

If there's any vendors you know of or who you think should be in attendance, please point them to the website or FB page to make contact - details in my signature below...

Again, as with previous years, I suspect quite a few people will be coming up a day early to make a weekend of it and staying locally to have a few beers.

If that's you, and you book a room / apartment / other in Warwick or it's environs, please mention the ICONOCLASSIC bike show when booking - I'm hoping in subsequent years to be able to negotiate a discount for show attendees, so spreading the word now amongst the various accommodation hosts should help this cause...

Anyway, that's it for now - more to come shortly no doubt...

Cheers,
Tom.

Re:

Well up for this again, thoroughly great day out

Along side the annual pilgrimage to Mayhem this is a highlight of the year,

I'll hopefully have something new to bring this year as well :LOL:

Good stuff Tom. Really enjoyed it last year and been looking forward to this year's since I left!

Not sure yet whether I'm doing an overnighter or travelling up silly o'clock on the Sunday morning, but I'll keep an aye on here and FB for the lowdown on what other attendees and visitors are planning to coincide setting up, etc., whatever I decide.

I should have the ladyfriend with me and not my rugrat this year, so will be a far more relaxing affair. Funds-permitting, I'll rent a van and bring the four Alpinestars. But if I come on the Saturday, it'll just be the two.

:)

Not long to go now!

Layout will be similar to last year's show, but with the info marquee [where you can pick up a voting slip for the best in show comp] in the centre and the guys from Lemming Brewery set up next to it ready to fuel visitors through the day with their range of locally brewed ales... :)

This central area will be also have a space for anyone wanting to jumble unwanted vintage bike bits. The jumble area will be a little restrained in size this year to test the water - if it goes well and there's interest it can be extended for next year. So if you want to bring along bits to trade, please think along the lines of a blanket on the floor rather than rows of immaculately laid out tables...!

As I say, if it goes well it can easily be expanded to be a bigger feature at future shows - so if that's something you'd be interested in seeing, bring along your bits and bobs and get involved. Events such as this are pretty organic in how they grow and develop and which elements become regular and which get dropped... :)

Re:

What kind of security locks do people use at Iconoclassic???

A couple of posts copied over from the FB page, which are worth putting here to avoid confusion...!

Just a quick reminder that ‪ICONOCLASSIC‬ is purely for classic mountain bikes up to, and including, 1995 model year.
The show doesn't have a sliding age scale - the cut-off will always be 1995. It won't be 1996 cut-off next year because the show is a year older - it'll still be 1995.
No bikes newer than 1995 will be allowed into the show.
No bikes other than MTBs will be allowed into the show.
So to avoid disappointment or possible tension, please don't bring anything along which doesn't meet these simple stipulations and expect it to be put on display - cos it won't be... ;)
I'm sure this all sounds straight forward enough, and I don't want to sound like an arse and labour the point, but I'm still having people get in touch asking if their 1998 'x' fits the bill or whether they can show their 2012 Patriot, so felt the need for a quick statement.
Cheers.

For this year's show, set-up time is from 08.30, with the show opening to the public at 10.00.
Last year the set-up started a bit earlier, but chilling things a little this year hence later set-up start.
Please don't arrive too early / too late...

Not long to go now!
Layout will be similar to last year's show, but with the info marquee [where you can pick up a voting slip for the best in show comp] in the centre and the guys from Lemming Brewery set up next to it ready to fuel visitors through the day with their range of locally brewed ales... :)
This central area will be also have a space for anyone wanting to jumble unwanted vintage bike bits. The jumble area will be a little restrained in size this year to test the water - if it goes well and there's interest it can be extended for next year. So if you want to bring along bits to trade, please think along the lines of a blanket on the floor rather than rows of immaculately laid out tables...!
As I say, if it goes well it can easily be expanded to be a bigger feature at future shows - so if that's something you'd be interested in seeing, bring along your bits and bobs and get involved. Events such as this are pretty organic in how they grow and develop and which elements become regular and which get dropped... :)

Just to reiterate and make it clear, there's no formal registration required this year - just turn up Sunday a.m.
I know there are people planning to travel up on the Saturday and stay overnight - if you're one of these please mention the ICONOCLASSIC show and hopefully in future years we can negotiate discounts for visitors and attendees.

LINKS TO THE FACEBOOK PAGES FOR ICONOCLASSIC SHOW ARE IN MY SIGNATURE BELOW!

Just a thought. I can't find a specific address/post code here or on the site for my satnav/phone.

Where exactly is it?

Thanks

The History Man":2wjnc3xa said:
Just a thought. I can't find a specific address/post code here or on the site for my satnav/phone.

Where exactly is it?

Thanks

Market Place Warwick is your destination Jase.

Use CV34 4SA as the postcode for the square itself. I've no idea where I'm going to park yet as last year I used a town centre P&D carpark and legged it about quarter mile across town. I'm hoping to park very near or adjacent to the square this year if I'm arriving early doors.

The Tilted Wig pub and Thomas Lloyd Wetherspoons are your local landmarks if you get lost or need a local yokel to point you in the right direction, they're both on the square.

Not sure if you have my number but I'll ping it to you in case you need it.

Guys - order of the day is pull into the square, postcode as Regan's post above.

Once you've unloaded and secured your bikes, parking is in Cape Road carpark a couple of minutes walk down the road.

Pick up at shut down is in the reverse order of this!

It all flows very nicely an naturally on the day with the drop off / park up.

Latest posts

Back