New Retro Road Event August Peak District

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
There's a new kid on the block (or rather the road :) )on August 14th around the Peak District.

Details can be found on the organiser's website -

http://www.fulcrum-events.co.uk/#!retro ... t/mainPage

One of the organising team is an old friend of Retrobike, one Patrick Adams of Mountain Mayhem fame, so we can be sure of a slick and competently run event. The route looks 'interesting' (Pat says 'challenging') but there will be a good amount of relatively flat trails etc. to make up for the uphill bits! Oh, and if the distance puts you off, there are plenty of get-you-home shortcuts!

To me the event looks to be excellent value with food etc. before, during and after being included along with possibly a frame number plate and a memento.

Get your entries in now as for this, the first year, places will be limited!

Now, where did I put that 28t sprocket and the 38t chainring................ :roll:

FluffyChicken":2sdk3tnj said:
38t sprocket & 28t chainring is the modern way, you're so retro the other way around ;-)

Well, I suppose I could use 12 x 12 for the hilly bits.

ie - 2 feet ;)

I must admit I'm a bit surprised at the lack of response to this. I would have thought it would have been of interest to the RB road riders membership. However, still a few weeks to go although places are limited remember!

Re:

Ah, soddit!

I've just entered an mtb race on the same day!

Flash is great btw! As long as weather is good! Well dressing time of year?

Re:

I'm up for this but trying to find a good campsite for the weekend near the place. any ideas welcome

thanks andy

Re: Re:

any123":y3yuphbi said:
I'm up for this but trying to find a good campsite for the weekend near the place. any ideas welcome

thanks andy
Have a word with the organisers, I believe they live locally so might be able to suggest something.

Re: Re:

Old Ned":1wwtm2au said:
any123":1wwtm2au said:

thanks andy
Have a word with the organisers, I believe they live locally so might be able to suggest something.

Just been speaking to Pat and he says there are lots of camp sites locally. Try a Google search?

Back