Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Post your recollections and pics here.

Firstly, I wish to report an aggravated burglary.

Mrs HM recalls that shortly after 9 am this morning, she was bundled into the hallway by two desperate men clad in skin tight Lycra. She resisted their advances but was forced to show them where our valuables were kept. They gained forceful entry to our outbuildings and rifled through drawers looking for items of value to them. Thankfully the bikes appeared to be a mystery and remained untouched. the shed briefly contained a number of vintage tools, but they left shortly afterwards with their haul.

Later that morning, the two men were seen to be making their getaway on bicycles, hiding amongst the attendees of a local event. One of the suspects, being somewhat over-confident in his abilities was seen to leave the accepted racing line, only to fall quite spectacularly, much to the mirth of all witnesses.

Should you see either of the men do not approach them as they are thought to be dangerous. They will be easily identifiable as Mrs HM noted a number or irregular bulges in their body hugging attire, not present in those with a normal genetic make-up.

Any information should be passed to me via the site. Mrs HM is hoping for a small reward should they be apprehended.

Re:

I saw the aforementioned scallywags making a run for it at the 100K turn off.

Bit of mixed HONC for me, rear mech seized up on the first really claggy climb, caught in the spokes and wrapped around up to the seat stay. :(

After a minutes or two of staring in horror at my now lame Salsa - snapped chain, pulled and twisted drop out, bent up dura ace mech coupled with grip shift :shock: this could be a long walk home so thoughts turned to a fix.

Managed to bend the mech/ drop out back into some sort of alignment and get at least half the QR registering, fixed the chain and found 3 or 4 gears that would work. Bloody thing held out for the rest of the 50K aside from a couple more chain snaps that reduced the gear options further.

The Salsa now needs a re-think, frame will need a repair, maybe it's time to try some different build options......

Good to see Nick, Mike and JV, sorry to have missed you THM.

And you buddy. Sounds like an absolute mare. I went over the front on a flat road bit after two stopped without warning. Saved by my ninja skills.

The mud was the plasticine energy sapping stuff eh? Nearly bailed but made the 50. Will post a couple of pics tomorrow. Too weak tonight.

Where's those suspects?

Well done guy's even if it were hard going at least you can hold your heads high as being thrown over bars and having gears go up the poll can test your patience but you got to the end which is well worth celebrating ;) ..

Re:

Not long got home.

Clearing up the detritus that is the contents of the car.

Will do report later. With photos.
And if I can work it out, videos too!

Mike

Congrats on finally making it back in one piece Mike and i have every confidence in you sorting the vid mate ;) .

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2ir5o17v said:
Not long got home.

Mike

Crikey, that was a long ride.

The History Man":1o2jqlth said:
Mike Muz 67":1o2jqlth said:
Not long got home.

Mike

Which either means he lost his way or got delayed in the pub :LOL: ..

Muddy paw":2ug4tq6b said:
The History Man":2ug4tq6b said:
Mike Muz 67":2ug4tq6b said:
Not long got home.

Mike

Which either means he lost his way or got delayed in the pub :LOL: ..

^^ me and Mike did take a wrong turn on the way back through Winchcombe and ended up on the wrong road out of town.
After popping out of the woods we managed to an extra 1.2 miles on the way to finish :shock: :?

I'll post more later, but 100km destroyed my legs and almost my will to live at one point.

Back