Retrobike Summer Meet

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
John":2h0i09k8 said:
Following the success of last years rides, meets and races we're starting to put together a calendar of events for '08. Everything is TBC (as ever). If you want anything adding give me a shout!
August 2008 Summer Meet

Just thinking that August isnt that far away..........so any ideas when and where the summer rideout will be??

I want to get this one in the old diary so I dont risk double booking ;)

I haven't got many weekend passes left for this year what with Mayhem and 3 Peaks and Dusk to Dawn already booked.

I may have to pass on some rides and look after the kids to gain brownie points :shock: :LOL:

august is always a nightmare to get anything organised , too many people away .

not sure on location , but somewhere dry would be good . :LOL:

Maybe we should ask that it be moved to September?

I know I'd defo get a pass for Sunday 21st as its my birthday!! :D

The McRetro crew were considering a September meet in the Sidlaw hills north of Dundee on an old XC circuit. 'The Ken' our Dundee member was going to scout it out.

Might that be something a bit different for you lot or is it too far north. Should point out 'The Ken' was at MM and thus made the effort to go way south.

Cheers

Velomaniac :D

news soon... already plans...... being finalised........... :)

Scotland, although would be great, is ffin miles. Big respect for the ken - sleeping at the MM gates was just what wasn't needed after that drive.

Probably too late for this year but a meet in the lake district could be good, plenty routes and not too busy if we choose the right time of year (winter?).

I agree with Gump, MM was very far away for me - and when you consider the numbers involved thats a lot of cars/fuel for what is effectively a short mountain bike run.

If it could be combined with a big race event it might be worthwhile for example the Outsider Music Festival 2009 (very family friendly) http://www.outsiderfestival.co.uk/bike.html but as that is scheduled for June I think MM would rightfully take priority.

Back