RETRO RIDES @Cyclopark

ALZ

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I went to my local world class cycle facility, Cyclopark, Gravesend (http://www.cyclopark.com/) after a hard days graft to try out my new old1990 Raleigh Moonshine earlier today. However it was after sundown and the boss lady told me that I was not allowed to use the off road circuit solo in case I came off! "Unlikely good lady; especially with my extremely well developed bike handling skills and high powered bicycle light an powerful slx cantilevers breakes" But fair enough I spose; I haven't ridden biopace for about 20 years...

So cut to the chase, I'm looking for fellow lovers of pre 1997 bikes to ride and race using Cyclopark as a venue for meets. Perhaps Sundays? 1st Sunday of each month?

Whos in? :mrgreen:

i am local ish to the cyclopark too . the off road secion is not very good .
look for a group on facebook called the gravesend grunts . they ride local , mainly Cobham .

Re:

Thanks Chris...I'll check them out.

And thanks for the heads up about CP trails. You have saved me 4.50...I owe you a drink. I prefer real world trails really. NCN 17 Pilgrims Way for example is ace. But generally looking for community and new routes on old bikes.

nice 1.

i am in hextable ,near swanley, and the Grunts pop round my way twice a week for night rides in Joysden woods .

all on modern bikes obviously but the pace is manageable most of the time .

funny enough i am taking kids to cyclopark in the morning for some skate park actions .

I'm temporarily based in Medway for the next 9 months. I'm planning on riding Bedgebury on Saturday mornings but I'm also 'scouting' out more local locations for mid-week riding. I went to Mereworth Woods yesterday for a little jaunt. Next on the list is probably Blean woods and I might possibly venture out to Deers Leap to see what that's like. Give me a shout if anyone wants to come out with me

Back